Caipirinhas

Mdub1021

Mouseketeer
Outside of the Caipirinha and Mojito Tasting, are you able to get a Caipirinha on the ship or Castaway Cay?

If they have the stuff to make it, you can get anything I know
Since the liquor to make it isn’t exactly common, I can’t imagine all bars have it. I was hoping not to have to hit up each bar to find which ones have it. I’ll assume Skyline on the fantasy does, since it’s where that tasting usually is.

I'd be shocked if you were getting actual caipirinhas. The main ingredient is cachaca which isn't exported much from Brasil. It's likely bars are substituting rum. Both spirits are made from sugar cane but they do not taste the same at all.

I'd be shocked if you were getting actual caipirinhas. The main ingredient is cachaca which isn't exported much from Brasil. It's likely bars are substituting rum. Both spirits are made from sugar cane but they do not taste the same at all.
Feel free to be shocked. The ships do carry cachaca, and if you do the Mojito and Caipirinha tasting, the bartenders discuss the differences between rum and cachaca.

Feel free to be shocked. The ships do carry cachaca, and if you do the Mojito and Caipirinha tasting, the bartenders discuss the differences between rum and cachaca.
Then I am shocked. Because that isn't the norm in many places.
Mind you I've never cruised DCL. For that kind of money I'm going on a luxury cruise experience.

They do, which is why I asked about the locations that actually make caipirinhas. I know Skyline has Leblon, but I am curious of any other place has them.

Then I am shocked. Because that isn't the norm in many places.
Mind you I've never cruised DCL. For that kind of money I'm going on a luxury cruise experience.

I've been on Celebrity, they have had Novo Fogo tastings and a drink workshop. I live in Ontario as well, a place that is notorious for limited alcohol selections and it is fairly easy to get Cachaca.

I've been on Celebrity, they have had Novo Fogo tastings and a drink workshop. I live in Ontario as well, a place that is notorious for limited alcohol selections and it is fairly easy to get Cachaca.
I think it is decently easy, especially if you buy as much liquor as DCL does, it just isn’t popular. There were only 2 options for it at my local Total Wine and More, which tends to have most of our favorite hard-to-find liquors.

I can buy multiple real, imported from Brazil brands at my local liquor in Texas. I can also buy multiple brands of Pisco, but the good ones are only from Peru. No good quality ones from Chile.

We can get it here without issues (southern Ontario) and we often have trouble sourcing unusual liquors.

I was hoping not to have to hit up each bar to find which ones have it.
Is this a challenge - hit every bar and try to get a caipirinha in each one? If so, challenge accepted! :rotfl2:

I know you can on the Fantasy. We made 'friends' with one of the servers in the adult area after meeting him the first night at the tequila/margarita tasting. Sunny was very good at recommending drinks for us to try based on our tastes. He suggested a caipirinha for me and it was delicious. Not as sure about Castaway Cay, their bar might be a bit more limited (but can't say for sure as I've never tried to order one there).

I know you can on the Fantasy. We made 'friends' with one of the servers in the adult area after meeting him the first night at the tequila/margarita tasting. Sunny was very good at recommending drinks for us to try based on our tastes. He suggested a caipirinha for me and it was delicious. Not as sure about Castaway Cay, their bar might be a bit more limited (but can't say for sure as I've never tried to order one there).
Heads Up will be able to make one. When they have that tasting on CC, as they often do, that’s the bar where they do the Mojito and Caipirinha.

I've seen at least one brand of pre-mixed ready to drink caipirinha. Or make it yourself with just lime, sugar, cachaca and ice.

See last season's "Moonshiners" on Discovery Channel to see how cachaca moonshine is made in Brazil.

-Paul

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!