Cable Car Bake Shop/Cookie Kitchen - reviews

Ware Bears

Bring me that horizon
Located on the right-hand side of Main Street USA whilst facing the castle, the Cable Car Bake Shop is a small bakery themed to San Francisco's cable cars which serves sandwiches and salads as well as cakes and cookies. There is also a back entrance in Discoveryland Arcade which leads to further seating. You can purchase some items through the Cookie Kitchen counter (as a take-out) without entering the Bake Shop.

036-1.jpg

039.jpg

Menu as of 14/1/2012 and a couple of cookies. Very nice but dear :goodvibes

We always go to the cable car bake shop for snacks/drinks and we always have the same thing - hot chocolate and pan au chocolate. Their pan au chocolate is quite simply to die for :love:

Cable Car Bake Shop is a must for us. Every day without fail we go into the park for EMH then just before 10am and the arrival of the masses, we go to Cable Car Bake Shop for hot chocolate and a Mickey brioche before heading over to the Studios to let the initial rush calm down. It's a lovely little oasis from the madness :)

We had breakfast here on our first day. Boyfriend had a croissant and a donut, while I went for the tea time with cakes, I was more interested in the souvenir mug then the food. :rolleyes1 It was all good tough!

487897_2358438577879_1594712586_n.jpg

549147_2358438817885_330958181_n.jpg

We ate breakfast here one morning in September...

•Custard Tart ... €3.70
•Ham & Cheese Baguette ... €6.10
Ham, cheese, gherkins, low-fat butter
•Minute Maid Orange juice ... €2.99 (33 cl)
•Hot Chocolate ... €2.50 (20 cl)

IMG_0677_zps895b3f6a.jpg

My family & l stopped by here on Tuesday 15th October
2013 after finding both the Blockbuster Cafe in WDS & Casey's Corner, Main St. closed at lunchtime. :confused3 There was a bit of a queue, but it moved quite quickly. They had a good selection of food incl sandwiches, muffins, chocolate cake, cookies + hot & cold drinks. Cable Car Bake Shop is a nice place take a break.

I went here recently and had a carrot cake and a coffee. The prices were reasonable, it is a well themed place and fits in very well with the general theme of Main Street USA.

The carrot cake was around 3.5 euros and the coffee cost 2.5 euros so 6 euros together and was well worth it i thought. The carrot cake was delicious - moist, tasty and the icing was lovely as well!

One downside i can imagine seating hard to come by when it comes to the busier times of the year.

All in all, a lovely place for a snack!

We ate in here on Thursday 16 October 2014 around 12 noon.

Lewis had spooky cupcake - Cup Cake Fantome - 3.99E

I had the halloween styled carrot cake - 4.29E

Mark had the cheesecake - 3.79E

DH and Abbey had chocolate muffins. I've just noticed from the receipt that the chocolate muffins combined with a bottle of juice were part of the Pause Gourmand (meal deal) so one of these and a bottle of juice was 5.49E - good price :thumbsup2

It was lovely sitting in here - the booths and the lights are so nice.

Lewis also had a bottle of juice, 3.19E and DH and I both had hot chocolate 2.69E each. Total bill 31.62E - a lovely little place to rest and relax :goodvibes

We ate here early on Tuesday 25 July 2017

We ate in here early, around 8:45. We were asked to make our order at the window on Main St but were able to eat inside ok. We shared a hot chocolate (in July!) and had an anniversary doughnut and rasberry/white chocolate cookie.

P1060724 (640x480).jpg

P1060725 (640x480).jpg

P1060726 (640x480).jpg

P1060727 (640x480).jpg

There is often a queue at the front counter, but you can also usually buy from the window on Main St or from the other counter inside. We picked up some muffins to take away on another night and the queue beside the door was really long. There wasn't anyone at the other queue, you just help yourself to bags and then the cakes you want from the shelves and pay at the till.

It's a lovely spot to rest for a while and I think the decor is beautiful :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter