Cabins at Fort Wilderness video review of our experiences!

PeasandCarrots

Adventuring at Theme Parks!
Hi all! We just did a video review of our experience staying at the Cabins at Fort Wilderness. We covered our opinion on pros and cons, transportation, pools, dining, decor, and a room tour.

Question for you. Are the only laundry facilities at the quiet pool? I don't see any comfort stations in the cabin area on the map.

There are more, but that's the one closest to the cabin, which for us was still not in walking distance with a ton of laundry so Brian had to drop me and the laundry off, take the car back to the cabin, and then walk back over to meet me. That's probably a con we should have mentioned. :) Now we fly so that would be really difficult without a car.

This website has more information (not my website):
http://**************.net/2015/06/01/the-comfort-stations-at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort/

Actually, I was thinking them in the cabin and me at Bay lake tower.
I hear you on this one. Especially with 3 teenage GIRLS! :rolleyes:

I have 2 girls (DD20 and DD12) and of course the DW... even though they aren't all teenagers (actually, at this point, none of them are technically) There are times, I'd love to be in the Bay Lake Tower or even a Pup Tent :lmao:

Our next trip will be myself, my son(18), his gf(19) and my twin daughters(15). Yes, me and four teenagers. It will be our ninth trip to WDW, my son's GF first.

I was thinking the teenagers in the bedroom and me in the living room. Actually, I was thinking them in the cabin and me at Bay lake tower.

I think your second choice might be best LOL! With 4 teenagers and you the bathroom may be a challenge. We have not personally used the sleeper sofa in the living room since that's part of the remodel. The murphy bed they had before in there was comfortable but sometimes their sleeper sofas are not, but I can't speak to this specific one. You won't have a full kitchen, but another option is the suites at Art of Animation. We've stayed there and it has a separate bedroom, sleeper sofa and a murphy bed so you could have the kids in the living/dining area with their own bathroom and you'd have your own room with your own bathroom. It has a kitchenette but no full kitchen.

I think your second choice might be best LOL! With 4 teenagers and you the bathroom may be a challenge. We have not personally used the sleeper sofa in the living room since that's part of the remodel. The murphy bed they had before in there was comfortable but sometimes their sleeper sofas are not, but I can't speak to this specific one. You won't have a full kitchen, but another option is the suites at Art of Animation. We've stayed there and it has a separate bedroom, sleeper sofa and a murphy bed so you could have the kids in the living/dining area with their own bathroom and you'd have your own room with your own bathroom. It has a kitchenette but no full kitchen.

We're DVC owners, and were planning on a 2 bedroom at AKL, but with the AP discount at the end of August being so high (around $240/night including tax), I decided to rent out our points and go with the FW cabin. Plus it saved me around $3500. :) The prices at AoA are around $50 to $75 more per night, which adds up over 15 nights.

I've slept on the sofas in DVC rooms, and these look the same. We usually order groceries from Garden Grocer, but it's mainly for breakfasts and late night snacks. The full fridge is needed more than the stove. Plus my twins want to stay there, so they can try out the horseback riding, canoeing, archery and eat at Trails end a few times for dinner.

Plus my twins want to stay there, so they can try out the horseback riding, canoeing, archery and eat at Trails end a few times for dinner.
Don't have to stay there to enjoy those things... Only have to stay there to enjoy the Fort (as a whole) and of course the Pool. But still... I don't think you will go wrong at the fort.

We're DVC owners, and were planning on a 2 bedroom at AKL, but with the AP discount at the end of August being so high (around $240/night including tax), I decided to rent out our points and go with the FW cabin. Plus it saved me around $3500. :) The prices at AoA are around $50 to $75 more per night, which adds up over 15 nights.

I've slept on the sofas in DVC rooms, and these look the same. We usually order groceries from Garden Grocer, but it's mainly for breakfasts and late night snacks. The full fridge is needed more than the stove. Plus my twins want to stay there, so they can try out the horseback riding, canoeing, archery and eat at Trails end a few times for dinner.

Sounds like you'll have a great time and I agree that mark-up is too much over 15 nights. Plus since it's considered moderate and AoA is considered "value" usually the discount is deeper on the Cabin.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter