Cabin recommendations for family of 5 cat.4

hulagirl

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a stateroom on deck 8 (Magic) that was well liked or steer us away from any you didn't? Is one area more convenient to things than others?

The Passporter says to avoid rooms directly below the Goofy pool due to noise during deck parties. (#8036-8044 and #8536-8544). It also says that rooms #8092-8094 and #8596-8698 have solid railing.

Hope that helps.

Hi hulagirl,
I e-mailed you earlier. Did you get a quote from Dreams yet?

Hi Joc!:D I'll go check my email and yes I did. Still trying to decide...7 or 4 days? This year or next year? Decisions, decisions, decisions!:D

Wow...between your August and December DVC stays that's a lot of Disney planned! I've got vacation days to burn before October so I'm tempted to visit my brother in L.A. next month just to go to Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure (I haven't been to DCA yet).

See what happens when you buy annual passes and then buy DVC?! They are just burning a whole in our pockets!:D

Anyone have a specific stateroom they liked on deck 8 for 5 people? Still wondering?

Hi hulagirl!

Can anyone recommend a stateroom on deck 8 (Magic)

On our first cruise last August, we (DS9, DM65+ and I) had cabin #8042. It was great. DM had the "main" bed. DS and I used the privacy curtain to create "two rooms." On our side was the rather comfortable sofa bed which I slept on and the overhead pull-down bed my son wanted. This arrangement worked quite well. Except the curtains would not contain DM's snoring. No problem. I would venture out onto the verandah and watch the Caribbean night sky in all it's splendor. One night my son woke early and the two of us just sat out there and talked. Then we had a tickle fight. He lost (I'm not ticklish). I told him we really needed to get some more rest even though he wanted to change into his ever-ready swimming trunks and be the first cruiser in the pool - at 5am! He wanted to know how a pool could be "closed" on a ship. I then used perhaps the least articulate adult explanation possible, saying, "Because." Yes, we then went back to bed...

We were in 8552 June 2002 and it was great! There was plenty of room, and the split bath was really handy when the teens were all struggling to get ready for dinner or to go out. The only drawback was my 17 yo DS had the Murphy bed by the verandah, and liked to sleep late. My DH and I would have to climb over him to drink coffee from room service in the early AM but it was well worth it to sit outside and look at the ocean and the other sites at port! If you can, I would suggest the 7 day. We were on the three day with a 7 day WDW trip after, and it was just TOO SHORT! We are now booked for the 7 day next March (no kids this time though, but maybe next time!) Hope you have a great time, no matter how many days you choose.

Hi Buckaroo's Dad:D
That sounds so wonderful...Was the sun coming up at 5am? My kids absolutely love tickle fights but I lose more often than not because I am very ticklish! I'll go look at a deck map for that room #.

Irishmom, I just love the thought of sitting out on that verandah in the quiet of the morning. The peacefulness of that would be delicious for a mom with 3 boys!:D Thanks for the recommendation!

we had 8060 and 8062...both were great rooms. You definitely need to on the verandah both at sunrise and sunset. It's a great way to spend alittle bit of your cruise time.

We had room 8012 in September and thought the location was great! We had a fantastic view of the port bridge station from our veranda.

We have stayed in both 8044 and 8590...one midship and the other more AFT. Both were fine, no complaints....we are a family of 5 also.

This time we are trying 2 rooms on Deck 7, my teens are getting bigger and it is just getting too crowded, etc. Will let you know how that works for us this year!

ty tezb we will be staying in room 8044 and we were wondering how it would be cant wait for our trip

We just returned a week ago and had rooms 8068, 8070 & 8072--all had great views wth no obstructions--we had requested 2 connecting rooms--hope this helps!!:smooth:

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter