Cabin at Ft. Wilderness Pullout couch

swimrunmom

Earning My Ears
Has anyone slept on the pullout couch in the cabins at Ft.Wilderness? We are debating booking there for our upcoming trip. My husband and I would sleep on the couch and we would put our kids ( teens) in the bedroom. They all like to sleep in and we are early risers. I like the idea of being able to cook breakfast and let them sleep a bit. I would only do this of the pullout if comfortable though!

I would not call it comfortable.

It's not uncomfortable but it's typical pullout - thin mattress, springs that are often a bit loose from years of use.

Two or three nights might be fine for you. More than that might be too much.

Spent a week in a cabin a few months ago, I was relegated to the pullout. I made do but I don't really recommend it - it was not particularly comfortable at all and frankly our couch was in bad need of replacement (in my opinion). Very squeaky and no support.

Love FW though so you take the good with the bad.

If you are wondering about getting one at the Fort - then no.

But a mattress topper (or two) would sure help!

Thanks all! I was hoping this wasn’t the case but it sounds like I will need to figure out a different plan.

So strange that most of the DVC resorts are renovating to include Murphy beds to replace the old pull out couches - while the cabins have had Murphy beds for decades and at the last refresh, they pulled those out to replace them with pull out couches?! My favorite thing about the cabins was that they had the murphy bed in the living room - and it was always a comfortable one. I never knew they were removed until I read this post - I haven't stayed in the cabins since 2015 and the murphy was still there.

My wife and I did the same thing once as we had our kids, who were teens and let them stay in the bedroom. Like others have said its a standard pull out couch.. My experience was it was not quite as comfortable as a bed would have been but we were exhausted each night and I slept well regardless. For the money, the Cabins cannot be beat if you have 5 people. Beats two rooms or a family suite on price, by far. We love the FW Cabins. If for some reason the mattress is very bad I am sure they will swap it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!