Cabin 2556 or change to a Cat 8

disneyma

Can't wait to get back to DVC and Disney....
Was on a Cat 9 GTY and was just assigned 2556 which is right off the midship elevators.

I was told for $180 I could upgrade to a Cat 8 room on Decks 5, 6, or 7?

What should I do?

This room is not on the "noisy" list....

Appreciate any help!

we had 6556 and the elevators were a non-issue so unless you want to be higher, I would stay where you are. We LOVED being near the mid-ship elevators - the kids clubs will be right above you and everything else is "1/2 way" - you never have to walk the entire length of the ship

Personally, I'd sepnd the $180 onboard (gifts, drinks, the spa?)

If this is your first cruise or if you are prone to motion sickness, I would stay with the room on deck 2. The saying goes that in the middle of the ship and in a low deck is where you feel the least movement. I agree to save the $$ for a spa treatment or ship excursion.

What ever you decide... Have a great trip!!

We were on Deck 1 last year, room 1070 and totally loved it... for the 6 or 7 hours we actually stayed in our cabin, it was perfect... we heard other guests further up on the ship complain of motion sickness, but down on 1, we felt nothing... plus, being at the bottom, the elevators were always empty when we got them... stay put and spend the money elsewhere...:earsgirl:

We were in 2554 and MIL, FIL, & GMIL were in 2556. We all loved the location. Didn't notice any unusually loud noises at all. I was in the cabin early every night with DS and didn't have any problems.

Our "home" is room 2544. We've been there twice, and will rebook the same room again for the next cruise if it's available. We love the location, and although I do wish for a veranda, it's just not in the budget at this time. Also - you get a little more exercise going up and down the stairs LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter