Cabana's or Enchanted garden lunch - Embarkation day

4 DZNY NUTZ

DIS Veteran
Hello everyone!!!:wave2:

first time cruisers here...which one would you choose and why??

I am thinking cabana's but want to hear everyone elses thoughts

Enchanted Garden--we like to be seated and have beverages served. It is more quiet and less "crazy" than being on the pool deck. It's a nice place to sit and relax...and marvel at the beauty of the surroundings.

Also, we really liked our server at lunch (they only serve beverages, lunch is a buffet) so we went to dining changes and requested him. We didn't know anyone on the Fantasy to request and didn't want to have a situation of a crummy serving team.

We prefer Parrot Cay on the Classics, but will go to Cabana's on the Fantasy. We found the selection to be bigger there, and DD found food that she would eat [and she's not picky]. If you have kids the fast food counters are nearby to grab some chicken strips or a burger on your way in.

Being a first timer you may like Enchanted Garden. You get the feel of how the food and service will be for the cruise. If you want to sit outside then Cabanas. At this point DW and I get on the ship before noon and head directly to the Adult Pool area. We get a drink, a snack and enjoy relaxing before checking out our cabin. Whichever way you go I am sure you will have a great time.:thumbsup2

We did Cabana's on the Dream ... got a table outside and could see Kennedy Space centre! It was a beautiful view of the water and just a fabulous start to our vacation ! :thumbsup2

Enchanted Garden- The food was great and so much less hectic than Cabana's IMO. :)

Enchanted Gardens!!! - epecially we get rooms on deck 2 and we don't have to carry our carry ons around much.

Just got back last Friday from our Christmas cruise. We toured the ship briefly before heading to Cabanas for lunch. We boarded the ship at 11:30 and went to lunch around noon. All three restaurants on the Dream were still closed and not sure when they were opening for lunch. I would say head for Cabanas while you can. The food was great--crab legs and large shrimp, a carving station, and yummy desserts. Sit outside if the temperature is nice and watch the other ships in port. You'll appreciate your ship more and more! You have your entire trip to try the other restaurants for breakfast or lunch.

We have done both. I like the choices better at Cabana's. I liked the laid back feeling of EG as we dined with friends and were able to have a great conversation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter