Cabanas at Disney Resorts (in our case at YC/BC)

There are two that you can easily watch kids that are in the pool area with no problems. I wouldn’t hesitate to rent one of these when I’m alone with my 7 yr old grandson.

Hmm, I would say it depends what area of the pool the child is in. Granted I haven’t rented a cabana, but I have stayed at YC for years. I really don’t think there is any way you can see the whole pool & all the different areas from the cabanas.

Hmm, I would say it depends what area of the pool the child is in. Granted I haven’t rented a cabana, but I have stayed at YC for years. I really don’t think there is any way you can see the whole pool & all the different areas from the cabanas.

I’ve stayed at the YC many times and was there until the 7th this week. Of course the entire pool isn’t within view from any one spot. I’m assuming the person was talking about the shallow sandy pool area near the cabanas. In that case, the cabanas closest to the pool area there are fine. There is nowhere you can sit that you can see the entire pool.

There is nowhere you can sit that you can see the entire pool.

Yep, I agree. I think people who haven’t stayed at Y & B before don’t realize that there are so many different areas to this pool. That’s why I said it depends what area the child is in, just so they know there are different areas.

sorry that i will hopp on to this. i have a question about the shade. are there umbrellas at the pool? planing one or 2 pool days in June and dont want to sit in the sun the whole day :-)

sorry that i will hopp on to this. i have a question about the shade. are there umbrellas at the pool? planing one or 2 pool days in June and dont want to sit in the sun the whole day :-)

Yes, there are umbrella tables. They do go fast, but there are lots of area with chairs and chaise loungers that are in the shade. On our trip last week, I never had a problem finding a shaded spot. I know the overall crowd level was low, but the YC was fully booked.

Yes, there are umbrella tables. They do go fast, but there are lots of area with chairs and chaise loungers that are in the shade. On our trip last week, I never had a problem finding a shaded spot. I know the overall crowd level was low, but the YC was fully booked.

I was there at the end of Spring Break so the pool was really crowded and the umbrella tables and chairs in the shade were the firsts to go. That doesn't mean you won't get it, especially if you arrive early.

There are trees at the pool that provide shade, too. In fact, the lounge chairs in the shade are the last ones to fill up. The shady areas are scattered throughout the pool area.

A small bit of info for anyone interested:

When I called to book a cabana several weeks ago for an August trip the CM on the phone asked me which cabana I wanted. Nearest the pool or farther back. After asking for nearest to the pool available, she backpedaled a bit and said, “Oops, it looks like I’m not able to select a specific cabana. At first it looked as though I was able to.” I thought nothing of it and completed the booking process knowing we’ll be happy with any cabana.

Fast forward to today. I received an unrelated call from Signature Services regarding an upcoming CL stay. It was just a regular courtesy call to let me know they are there to help should the need arise. I thanked her for the call and before hanging up I asked about choosing specific cabanas. She wasn’t sure of the answer and after a brief hold the SS CM said that beginning Oct. 13th guests will be able to select a specific cabana when booking. With my trip being in August, I wouldn’t be able take advantage of this. In the end I was able to put in a request for nearest to the pool. We’ll see how it goes.

Not sure if this is true or not as it’s only anecdotal evidence from one CM and I have not read any similar reports, so take it for what it’s worth. Not to mention I have yet to see any kind of numbered map of specific cabana locations. I would think if this were to become an option they would release some sort of info to help the guest choose.

I’m wondering if she was incorrect and that Oct. 13th date is nothing more than the date the pricing drops to the lower fall/winter rates. In any event, I suppose it couldn’t hurt to ask when calling to book.

Possibly related... when I called to book our cabana for end August (did this a week or two ago), at first the CM on the phone had a pop up asking her to select the cabana #, but when she read to the end, the effective date was October. So it sounds like they are altering the reservation system to be able to choose a specific location, but not for those of us using them before October.

Possibly related... when I called to book our cabana for end August (did this a week or two ago), at first the CM on the phone had a pop up asking her to select the cabana #, but when she read to the end, the effective date was October. So it sounds like they are altering the reservation system to be able to choose a specific location, but not for those of us using them before October.

That's a good idea.

So I have a full day cabana booked at Yacht Club early June. I knew about the fruit tray and stocked fridge with drinks. Someone just posted they also received a dessert tray with a full day rental. It’s not listed when you look it up on the main Disney website. Is this something new? Thanks

So I have a full day cabana booked at Yacht Club early June. I knew about the fruit tray and stocked fridge with drinks. Someone just posted they also received a dessert tray with a full day rental. It’s not listed when you look it up on the main Disney website. Is this something new? Thanks
We had a small dessert tray with our full day rental in March.

We had a small dessert tray with our full day rental in March.
Can you remember any examples of what was on it? Strictly desserts or any other snacks? Any bagged items we could save for later? I ask because of the heat. We may need to stick it in the fridge to keep from melting lol

Can you remember any examples of what was on it? Strictly desserts or any other snacks? Any bagged items we could save for later? I ask because of the heat. We may need to stick it in the fridge to keep from melting lol
Here’s a picture. It was a small sampling, but nice.

Attachments

• C529A43E-BFD3-4861-A63D-04875532C6F4.jpeg
    C529A43E-BFD3-4861-A63D-04875532C6F4.jpeg
    133.4 KB · Views: 139
  • 5EBE559E-6CA6-4872-A54E-9FE9A8E61E52.jpeg
    5EBE559E-6CA6-4872-A54E-9FE9A8E61E52.jpeg
    90.7 KB · Views: 146
Six, including a baby.

Our dessert tray was the same size and we had 3 people. It was mostly similar with a little variation in the offerings. The CM mentioned she could make room in the fridge as it would melt if we weren’t going to eat it right away.

Great to hear about the ability to charge my phone easily, and I hope we get the dessert tray with our full day rental.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter