Cabana plus thrill park pass on Perfect Day

DCLCrazy64622

DIS Veteran
This is our first time on Coco Cay. Is purchasing the cabana with the thrill park pass worth the money? How often did you use it and how close were the cabanas to the slides? Thanks! DCL is getting insane with their prices so we are trying new lines. The only time I have been on RCCL is for Alaska.

I would love feedback on this as well. I posted a similar thread last week but no comments yet. Right now we have a thrill water park cabana booked for May but am eyeing the South Beach Club passes for our group. Just trying to decide which makes more sense for us.

The RC blog has a podcast they just put up where i think they touch on the cabana + pass. Might be worth a listen.

We just did the cabana with thrill park passes at Coco Cay last week. I would recommend. We had a party of 7 (one person in our party had to purchase the water park pass separately) so the cost was similar to the water park passes by themselves. Our cabana was very close to the thrill tower.

We just did the cabana with thrill park passes at Coco Cay last week. I would recommend. We had a party of 7 (one person in our party had to purchase the water park pass separately) so the cost was similar to the water park passes by themselves. Our cabana was very close to the thrill tower.
We have only 3 people in our party. One of them being a child that probably won’t use the cabana that often. I think we are just going to opt for the passes and sit in a beach chair with an umbrella, which I hear there are plenty of. I also read that the island is built for 6k people and our ship only carries 4K so hopefully there will be plenty to choose from. Thanks for the input!

We have only 3 people in our party. One of them being a child that probably won’t use the cabana that often. I think we are just going to opt for the passes and sit in a beach chair with an umbrella, which I hear there are plenty of. I also read that the island is built for 6k people and our ship only carries 4K so hopefully there will be plenty to choose from. Thanks for the input!
I think that would be fine. There were tons of beach chairs all over the island. Have a great time!

I was there recently on the harmony and there were no issues finding chairs. I would just get the waterpark pass if there are 3 of you. I debated getting the cabana and was happy that I didn’t. Ended up only being in the waterpark for half a day as there was so much to do outside the waterpark. I was with a 9 and 15 year old.

We rented the cabana when we were on the Harmony in September. Our cabana was located next to the wave pool area, so a bit of a distance from the slides. However, it was a nice area.

My family consisted of me, DH, 13 year old DS, and 8 year old DS. It was perfect for us because my DH is not a water park person and this gave him a spot to relax. It was nice to have a button to press anytime we needed anything and our attendant appeared to help us. I also liked to peace of mind of the locker to put our stuff when we all were not there. The towels were in the cabana, so we didn't have to bring them from the ship. We had 6 bottles of water in a cooler. Our attendant brought us food at least 3 times. At the end of the day, she dropped off fresh fruit skewers. We had the drink package, so she also brought us virgin daiquiris for the kids and beer for the adults. The cabana manager stopped by to introduce himself and he wanted to make sure that we had everything we needed.

For our Harmony cruise, I think I paid $370 and we thought it was worth it. For our Mariner cruise next year, the price really dropped to $299. Compared to DCL prices, we thought we got a bargain! We've rented cabanas at WDW and our local water park and we thought the ones at Coco Cay beat those experiences.

Can you pick the location of the Cabana? If kids are spending more time in waterslides vs wave pool, then would prefer that side.

This is our first time on Coco Cay. Is purchasing the cabana with the thrill park pass worth the money? How often did you use it and how close were the cabanas to the slides? Thanks! DCL is getting insane with their prices so we are trying new lines. The only time I have been on RCCL is for Alaska.

Not gonna lie... While I have not booked a cabana, there were so many loungers and umbrellas available in the waterpark and around the beaches that I don't know that a cabana is a good investment. I would only book one if there were two ships on CocoCay that day.

We rented the cabana when we were on the Harmony in September. Our cabana was located next to the wave pool area, so a bit of a distance from the slides. However, it was a nice area.

My family consisted of me, DH, 13 year old DS, and 8 year old DS. It was perfect for us because my DH is not a water park person and this gave him a spot to relax. It was nice to have a button to press anytime we needed anything and our attendant appeared to help us. I also liked to peace of mind of the locker to put our stuff when we all were not there. The towels were in the cabana, so we didn't have to bring them from the ship. We had 6 bottles of water in a cooler. Our attendant brought us food at least 3 times. At the end of the day, she dropped off fresh fruit skewers. We had the drink package, so she also brought us virgin daiquiris for the kids and beer for the adults. The cabana manager stopped by to introduce himself and he wanted to make sure that we had everything we needed.

For our Harmony cruise, I think I paid $370 and we thought it was worth it. For our Mariner cruise next year, the price really dropped to $299. Compared to DCL prices, we thought we got a bargain! We've rented cabanas at WDW and our local water park and we thought the ones at Coco Cay beat those experiences.

Would you say the cabana was roomy enough for the 4 of you? We will have 4 adults in our party (no children) and my heart is set on a cabana and the waterpark cabana was $490 when I booked it (now $999) versus the more expensive Chill Island or Oasis cabanas. We just want a dedicated place to relax for the morning and may spend our afternoon at the Beach Club. Still deciding.

Can you pick the location of the Cabana? If kids are spending more time in waterslides vs wave pool, then would prefer that side.

The waterpark cabanas straddle the wave pool. I didn't know that I was supposed to go to guest services to pick the cabana until the day before, when I got the letter to go to guest services. I'd go early to guest serices, and pick the ones closest to the back of the wave pool for some privacy. They are all great, so don't beat yourself up if you don't get the one you want.

Would you say the cabana was roomy enough for the 4 of you? We will have 4 adults in our party (no children) and my heart is set on a cabana and the waterpark cabana was $490 when I booked it (now $999) versus the more expensive Chill Island or Oasis cabanas. We just want a dedicated place to relax for the morning and may spend our afternoon at the Beach Club. Still deciding.

I did the cabana in June 2019 with just my wife. There's a couch and two lounge chairs. 4 people adults should fit nicely.

I have a cruise scheduled for January to get away from he cold and April for spring break with the kids. The cabana cost differences for between those two sailings are wildly different, more than 2x for April. For the April cruise we have 6 people, and I did the new floating cabana @ $1,500, and the price has gone up to $2,000 now.

Edited to clarify

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!