Cabana necessary at GF?

SnowBird527

Earning My Ears
We recently stayed at the Poly and there were never open chairs, and shade was almost non-existent. Is this the case at the GF pools? Would you recommend a cabana there (Aug trip)? And if so, how far in advance do you need to book them? Thanks

We recently stayed at the Poly and there were never open chairs, and shade was almost non-existent. Is this the case at the GF pools? Would you recommend a cabana there (Aug trip)? And if so, how far in advance do you need to book them? Thanks

My opinion...

Necessary? No. Between the Beaches Pool (the main feature pool) and the Courtyard Pool there are 'usually' enough chairs to go around. I will caveat that the Beaches Pool deck isn't all that big and I have had an occasional time where it was Poly-like in terms of finding a chair (mainly summer, peak afternoon heat) so have had to look to the neighboring splash pad area or Courtyard Pool for a chair. Fortunately the Courtyard Pool is one of the better leisure pools on property - it's relatively large, has its own bar, etc - so other than not having a slide or the pool recreation entertainment, it's a great alternative. Great setting too. In my opinion.

A splurgy experience on a full pool/rest day? Sure! Comfy chairs, nice amenities, guaranteed shade, dedicated service, no worrying about a spot, etc. I don't totally love that all four cabanas are relatively tightly spaced together, but that's a somewhat minor nit. I also think it's a little warm/steamy in that particular corner of the pool deck inside the cabana if there's no wind, but again, relatively minor comment there.

Cabanas are bookable 60+10 (if you get a phone CM that says it's 60 days from the day you're trying to book, call back and get another CM).

Hope that helps!

We recently stayed at the Poly and there were never open chairs, and shade was almost non-existent. Is this the case at the GF pools?
I personally have never experienced a Poly-esque chair situation at The Grand (and I stay/stayed there during two busy holidays.) IMO you’ll have no issue getting pool chairs at either pool. A cabana is not necessary, but definitely a nice addition to your pool day, as stated above. Good luck deciding!

Ditto about the Beaches Pool vs. Courtyard Pool. With limited deck space. the Beaches Pool fills more quickly than the Courtyard Pool.

As other have suggested, it depends on the time of day. On a warm day, after lunch to about 5 PM is crowded at every pool at nearly all Disney hotels.

Not necessary just have to get out early... We did the Cabana one time and although it was great (maybe a one time thing to experience) its not needed to guarantee chairs and lounges

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter