Cabana Bay or Royal Pacific?

tschaan

Mouseketeer
I was planning to stay at Royal Pacific this summer for 2 days at Universal. I seem to have waited too long. The price is almost the same as Portofino. I have already stayed at Portofino and Hard Rock and wanted to stay at a different resort this time. I have priced the hotel with tickets and I can still save $250 staying at the Cabana bay and purchasing front of the line passes vs. getting them free at Royal Pacific. Any opinions on what I should do? I would love to experience the theming of Cabana Bay but usually prefer a more "deluxe" feel. Thanks!!!

Depends on a variety of factors ...

- Cabana Bay is cheaper per night, significantly so
- You have to weigh in what the Express Pass means to you in terms of your touring experience. It makes a difference not to have the thing during peak times, but not so much at other times
- Early Entry likewise. If that's the only real perc to staying at CB and you don't really take advantage then you just weigh the convenience of being on property versus having to drive in every day you'll be there.

It's a lot to weigh out, but nothing super complicated. You know your group best and only you can sort it out.

This really depends on when you're going and what the crowd level is going to be like. In your situation I would consider giving Cabana Bay a shot just for the experience. There's also Sapphire Falls, which is a bit more per night than CBBR w/ no EP, but will be much closer to that deluxe feel you're looking for (also has water taxi access). Crowd levels will be your make-or-break factor as to how necessary those EPs will be.

Also, if you're booking from the Loews website, the pricing for the rooms can change on a whim (up or down depending), so I would keep checking on that as often as possible.

Hi we love CBBR and are staying there for almost a week this summer. I think it is a very nice resort with great amenities. We usually stay at HRH but stayed at CBBR two days last time and now everyone wanted to stay there for the week. I will be doing RPR just one day for EP it works out a little cheaper for us. I usually am a "deluxe feel" person too but I was pleasantly surprised. If you like the feeling of indoor cooridors then reserve a tower section. The courtyard opens up to the outside. Good luck:goodvibes

I would always choose RPR, but if course I am biased.

EP is a godsend and worth it`s weight in gold. Even on so called quiet times queues can be horrendous. So we wouldn't do Universal without EP.

During the summer and with a short visit, no questions.......go for RPR. You won`t regret it.......:)

I have priced the hotel with tickets and I can still save $250 staying at the Cabana bay and purchasing front of the line passes vs. getting them free at Royal Pacific. Any opinions on what I should do? I would love to experience the theming of Cabana Bay but usually prefer a more "deluxe" feel. Thanks!!!

I'm in the same boat you are...it would cost me less money to buy the EP's separately and stay at CBR, instead of staying at RPR just to get the EP's free. We're not doing US/IOA every day anyway, so we saved about $450.00 by doing it this way. It's just me and my 8 year old daughter, so I'm really looking forward to staying at CBR! It seems like it has an extremely laid back and fun atmosphere, which sounds like a good vacation to me. ;)

For me (this is obviously personal preference), If I could save a decent amount of money by staying at CB and buying EP directly from the park (like OP says they would save $250 and melissa says would save $450) then I would do it.

We Love CB. Love the 2 different (and huge) pools and sandy play areas. Love the theme of the hotel. Love having a full Starbucks right in the lobby. Bowling alley is a great and the gym (if you plan to use one) is excellent.

For me (this is obviously personal preference), If I could save a decent amount of money by staying at CB and buying EP directly from the park (like OP says they would save $250 and melissa says would save $450) then I would do it.

We Love CB. Love the 2 different (and huge) pools and sandy play areas. Love the theme of the hotel. Love having a full Starbucks right in the lobby. Bowling alley is a great and the gym (if you plan to use one) is excellent.
Yeah ... for the price point, Cabana Bay is tough to beat for me. Fun retro theming, really good upscale food court, Starbucks, great pool, bowling alley, short walk to Volcano Bay ... just a fun, fun way to "cheap out" on your Universal vacation. I get that the theme isn't for everybody ... but it hits all my buttons.

And from all of the reviews that I've read, there's nothing but good things about this hotel besides the fact that it doesn't give you that EP perk. I mean, you had me at Starbucks in the lobby! :lovestruc

Reactions: shh
... I mean, you had me at Starbucks in the lobby! :lovestruc

It makes for such a great and inexpensive quick breakfast option before heading to the parks.

Just grab some breakfast sandwiches and a coffee and you're good to go.

It makes for such a great and inexpensive quick breakfast option before heading to the parks.

Just grab some breakfast sandwiches and a coffee and you're good to go.

That's exactly what I was thinking! Plus I get my little pick-me-up in the process.

And from all of the reviews that I've read, there's nothing but good things about this hotel besides the fact that it doesn't give you that EP perk. I mean, you had me at Starbucks in the lobby! :lovestruc
And do of ahead and price out the Express Pass as a package add-on. A lot of times you'll still save money by staying at CBBR and purchasing Express separately. At least be aware that you have the option.

I have priced the hotel with tickets and I can still save $250 staying at the Cabana bay and purchasing front of the line passes vs. getting them free at Royal Pacific.

Unlimited Express Pass, and for both park days? If so, no reason why not to do it.

For the future and for others who don't know, never wait to book (if going room-only directly through Loewshotels.com). They'll honor price drops, and all you're paying up front is the one night deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter