Cabana Bay or Aventura

tinkerone

DIS Veteran
Looking at these two resorts. Which would you choose and why? Also looking at Endless Summer but I'm not going to get a lot of opinions on that since its not yet finished.
Thanks for your input.

Disclaimer: I haven't been to Aventura. My last trip was in 1/17 so I assumed all the construction going on was for Volcano Bay.

The biggest difference I can see is the pools. I will always choose Cabana Bay because I love the lazy river. I have stayed there twice, once for 3 days and once for a week. I have spent hours floating on the lazy river.
My niece stayed at Cabana Bay with us two years ago. She does not care about the pool and prefers to just lay out in the sun. She is dying to stay at Aventura on her next trip.

Cabana Bay is themed retro, and done well. I just found one of my V05 shampoo bottles in my travel bag. From what I've seen in pictures, Aventura is much more modern and sleek.

Looking at these two resorts. Which would you choose and why? Also looking at Endless Summer but I'm not going to get a lot of opinions on that since its not yet finished.
Thanks for your input.
Having stayed at both recently with all other things being equal, I would choose Aventura for the ease of taking the SF boat to the parks and the cool tablet that controls the lights and tv. The rooftop bar is nice too.

If you like to hang out by the pool and plan on spending more time at the resort, I would choose CB. The food court is better and the resort as a whole has more stuff to do.

You really can't go wrong with either one.

Hope you have a wonderful trip :flower1:

I've stayed at Cabana Bay twice now and on my last trip I had a chance to walk over and take a look at Aventura. Aventura is a beautiful hotel, but my personal preference - I liked Cabana Bay more. I like the 50s/60s vibe and preferred CB's 2 pools and lazy river. Just seems like Aventura is not as "fun" as a resort (more adult vibe and reminded me of the city), but honestly, you really can't go wrong at either resort! I do have to say I preferred the food options at Aventura more, but even if you're staying at CB, you can just walk over to Aventura.

Id pick Aventura - CB is just far too busy - even taking the bus back from the parks (they share the return bus) it is packed with 80% of the people going to CB.

I mostly prefer Aventrua because you can walk over to SF and take the boat (or just walk to citiwalk)
It's much more relaxed and far less packed than the buses
You can also take advantage of all the benefits of SF as it is just across the parking lot.

Walking from CB is pretty risky - that road is very busy - but you still see people trying to cross - even though the signs say dont do it.

Endless Summer will probably save you a few $$ or let you get more space with a larger room - so that is a big plus
You will need to take a bus, just like CB so that is equal.
I see the big plus of Endless Summer is you are out in an area with a lot more options at night for dinning etc...and that will also save you a fair amount..but you are still technically on property and get those benefits

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter