CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

So would there be room for an air mattress in a CBBR family suite? Looked at a couple youtube room tours, and looked like maybe at the end of the regular beds, close to the wall or window (depending on exterior or interior entry).

How many sleeping surfaces are you looking for and what size air mattress? I can't see there being enough room in the bedroom, but maybe in the living room. I've never had the sleeper sofa unfolded, but if you move furniture around, maybe you could fit an air mattress in there in addition to the sofa.

For alternatives, you could look at the 2 bedroom family suites (in the towers overlooking Volcano Bay) or get two connecting regular suites. There seems to be a fair number of connecting rooms.

Sorry, I have another question!
I have read that the pools at Endless Summer are only 3.5 feet deep. Please tell me the CBBR pools are deeper than that!
OK, the pool on our side - it's the one with the slide which IS open 👍- is shaped kind of like an open U. In the middle where the slide dumps out depth is 4.5 ft. Depth decreases as you go out to either edge/ends of the U. Most of the pool is between 3.5 & 4.5 ft.

There's another pool over on the other side near the lazy river. We'll try to scope that one out when go to the Bayliner Diner for food layer.

How many sleeping surfaces are you looking for and what size air mattress? I can't see there being enough room in the bedroom, but maybe in the living room. I've never had the sleeper sofa unfolded, but if you move furniture around, maybe you could fit an air mattress in there in addition to the sofa.

For alternatives, you could look at the 2 bedroom family suites (in the towers overlooking Volcano Bay) or get two connecting regular suites. There seems to be a fair number of connecting rooms.

I'm looking for 4. After more thought, we'll probably just go with 2 standard rooms. Hopefully connecting. That way we have 2 bathrooms as well.

OK, the pool on our side - it's the one with the slide which IS open 👍- is shaped kind of like an open U. In the middle where the slide dumps out depth is 4.5 ft. Depth decreases as you go out to either edge/ends of the U. Most of the pool is between 3.5 & 4.5 ft.

There's another pool over on the other side near the lazy river. We'll try to scope that one out when go to the Bayliner Diner for food layer.

We don't need it to be deep, but 3.5 ft seems a bit ridiculous! Glad CBBR pool is deeper than that!
Thanks for the info!!

So would there be room for an air mattress in a CBBR family suite? Looked at a couple youtube room tours, and looked like maybe at the end of the regular beds, close to the wall or window (depending on exterior or interior entry).
It would be tight, but you could maybe fit it in near the kitchen area. Alternatively, you might be able to get it half in the closet, and half sticking out towards the furthest bed. You could place one between the beds, but it would probably take up the whole space, so plan to crawl onto the beds from the foot of the bed.

It would be tight, but you could maybe fit it in near the kitchen area. Alternatively, you might be able to get it half in the closet, and half sticking out towards the furthest bed. You could place one between the beds, but it would probably take up the whole space, so plan to crawl onto the beds from the foot of the bed.

Thanks so much for the info!

You don't want pool view or volcano view or a low floor. We usually stay on the interior corridor side (which is I believe the only side that has standard rooms) and that's the only time we've noticed the noise.

P.S. The standard rooms are REALLY small. For a four night stay, I would highly recommend getting a suite.
Are you saying the interior corridor rooms are noisy?
I'm also trying to figure out where the quieter areas of the resort are. I stayed in a volcano bay view room (that I didn't request) and while it was very cool the maintenance crews that started around 5:30 to get the park open were not! Just looking for a standard room ..maybe building 6 ???

Sorry I wasn't clear. We've noticed noise when we got rooms that were both poolside and a low floor (1st or 2nd floor). We didn't book the poolside category, but just happened to get it. We usually ask for a higher floor, but both times we were more interested into getting into the room early rather than getting the perfect location.

Sorry I wasn't clear. We've noticed noise when we got rooms that were both poolside and a low floor (1st or 2nd floor). We didn't book the poolside category, but just happened to get it. We usually ask for a higher floor, but both times we were more interested into getting into the room early rather than getting the perfect location.
Ok thank you ! So higher floor, no pool or volcano view :smooth:

I don’t think interior corridor rooms are noisier at CB than at any other resort. I mentioned the noise upthread because I recently stayed in an exterior corridor suite, and it was noticeable how much quieter it was.

We had a standard (parking lot) view at CB, and heard basically nothing. Then we transferred to HR, and could hear lots of footsteps and voices. No one was being rowdy or particularly loud. It’s just that interior corridors tend to conduct sound really well because they’re these long halls with all hard surfaces for sound to bounce off of. When you have an exterior room, those ordinary sounds dissipate more because they’re happening outside, and your door is an exterior door, so it’s usually more heavy duty than on interior rooms.

At WDW, I book standard rooms at Value hotels. They’re furthest from the noise of pools and people walking past. Yeah, they’re the farthest walk, but I sleep so much better, and that’s what I really need after a busy day. I really wish there were standard rooms at Universal hotels with exterior entry.

Just got back from our week long vacay at Cabana Bay & our exterior entry poolside family suite room was definitely quieter than our previous interior entry room stays at Hard Rock and Sapphire Falls. Those long inside corridors just seem to echo & magnify hallway sounds, but I am admittedly a bit noise sensitive.

Are both pools open? What about the Lazy River? Hot Tubs? Can you Pool Hop to other resorts yet?

Both pools & the lazy river were open when we were there last week but not the hot tubs.

I don't think pool hopping is back yet BUT we admittedly didn't try to do so & we left the day before the mask changes happened last Sat - maybe call the resort OR someone else here might know :)

Honestly with us staying at CB I'd prefer if the pool would stay restricted to guests only. Do any of the other properties have pools worth checking out? We have 8 full days plus a half arrival day so we'll have plenty of time to try something if you think it's worth it. My boys (14 & 8) will be in the pool most. My wife and I a little.

Honestly with us staying at CB I'd prefer if the pool would stay restricted to guests only. Do any of the other properties have pools worth checking out? We have 8 full days plus a half arrival day so we'll have plenty of time to try something if you think it's worth it. My boys (14 & 8) will be in the pool most. My wife and I a little.

One of the reasons we love CB is the access to Volcano Bay. where many people spend downtime by the pool we walk over there and spend downtime in the big wave pool.

Agree! We think Cabana Bay has the best pools onsite & would also prefer if it stayed CBBR guests only.

The pools are mostly 3.5 feet. There are a few areas near the drains that are 4.5-5 feet, but not a large area. My youngest is 6 and 48” and he was fine without a life jacket in 95% of the pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter