BWV vs. CSR, and a logistics question

kathleendsm

Mouseketeer
We have a trip booked with Dreams Unlimited, 8 nights at CSR next May plus the Dining plan for the four of us (well, one of us is under 3, so the 3 of us). We've been given the opportunity to buy 8 nights in a studio at the Boardwalk Villas for between $179 and $239 per night (depending on weekend vs. weekday). It would work out to be very similar, probably within a couple hundred dollars, between the rack rate on the CSR trip and the discounted BWV trip. I think that's a pretty amazing deal for BWV.

The thing that makes us hesitate is that if any deals came out, like a buy 4 get 3, we'd not be eligable. So in that case it would probably be about $600 or so more for the BWV trip. Is it worth it? Are the studios really nice? What would you do? I've visited the Boardwalk but never stayed or seen the rooms, and I don't know how the DVC differs from regular resort rooms.

My other question is that we've already made ADR's through Dreams Unlimited. The dates would be the same and we'd like to keep them, particularly the Cinderella's Royal Table lunch which we secured with a credit card. Could we keep the ADR's if we canceled the trip, or are we out the money for Cinderella?

One thing to consider - a BWV studio will have a queen bed and a double sofabed. CSR will have 2 queens. If your children are small, they would probably be OK on the sofabed. BWV's rooms are currently under renovations, they are supposed to be done in February, so you will get a renovated room. I assume your offer is to rent points, which view is it (standard, preferred, boardwalk)? A BWV studio would give you a microwave, toaster, small fridge, coffeemaker. BWV does not have a food court, although I was not crazy about CSR's food court the one time I stayed there. What is the member's cancellation rules?

The ADR's are not connected to your hotel reservation, you would be able to keep it.

Hmmm, well, with a 1 bdrm the kids will have a pull-out sofa instead of a bed. But great location on Boardwalk, and you'd have a kitchen and laundry!
I'd look on mousesavers.com to see what discounts have come out in the past for your travel dates, then you can decide. http://www.mousesavers.com/historicalwdwdiscounts.html#codechart

I don't know if your ADRs would be cancelled. But you wouldn't be out any $ for your ADR held by credit card. They don't actually charge anything unless you don't show up.

A studio will not have a full kitchen or laundry in the room. However, there is a laundry room at BWV on the first floor, with no fee for using the machines.

I'm not concerned about the sofabed. Our 5 year old daughter would be sleeping on it, and she's slept on plenty of hotel sofabeds. Our 2 year old son will, hopefully, still be in a Pack and Play (would we be able to get one in a DVC room?).

I'm more concerned about whether the location and quality of room warrants the (possibly) extra money. If a 4/3 deal came out would we kick ourselves, or does the ambiance and ability to walk to Epcot negate it? Are the rooms pretty big?

Mousesavers has no discounts yet for our travel dates, at least not that we qualify for. But rumors abound that they might extend the buy 4 get 3 deal.

Pack & Plays are in every DVC room. I love BWV (can you tell?). It's great to walk or boat to both DHS and Epcot. The acts along the boardwalk at night are fun. The room would be larger than CSR, you have an interior hallway rather than an outside room entrance.

Has anyone seen the redone BWV rooms? They're not getting particularly good reviews here on the DIS, a few have complained that they don't seem as nice as the BWI rooms. I'd hate to pay more and be disappointed. I totally adore the Boardwalk area, I'm just somehow still torn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter