BWV vs. BCV

ebenmax

DIS Veteran
My DH and I know that we want to add on 50 pts. at one of the Epcot resorts, but we are not sure which one. From what I can tell, they both have one major selling point BWV = cheaper points (possible). . .BCV = SAB.

Are there any other perks to each of the resorts that might influence us one way or the other?

TIA

PS - Our children are 19,16, and 4

My kids are 19 and 15.
Other things we found:

Advantages for BCV-
SAB
Hurricane Hannas- MUCH better than BWV pool food
Beaches & Cream

Advantages for BWV-
"Standard point"
Grand Villa availability
Tennis Courts (always empty!)
Community Hall (movies, crafts, ping pong, foosball, video games)

All in all, we love both.

It's an easier walk to MGM and Fantasia Gardens Mini Golf from the BWV and to EPCOT from the BCV. Community Hall at the BWV is also a favorite of my kids.

HBC

BWV would get my vote because I'm a point-conserver and buffet restaurants and crowded public pools give me the heebie-jeebies. But that's just me being weird. :3dglasses

My list of resons to buy is similar to Dr Shifty's...

BCV-
SAB - very cool pool with better food
Dedicated 2 bedrooms, 1/3 with 2 queens - they go first!
Very close to Epcot
Very close self-parking

BWV-
GV's -
Std. View - cheap points!
Boardwalk view - one of the best views!
Community Hall

The locations are very similar so there is not much of an advantage in regards to being close to restaurants.

Have you stayed at both?? If not try each resort, you may just prefer one over the other . For me and mine its BCV all the way.

We have very good luck getting into BWV at 7 months or less and believe BCV is harder to get at 7 months (we usually reserve BCV at 11 months), so for us the booking window advantage is more important to have at BCV.

For me, BWV is more of a year round resort...and BCV is strictly for the warmer, months. Because of the standard view, BWV is where we own points. We have always gotten in a small BCV vacation when we wanted one.

rwc:)

We have our first trip home scheduled for this summer and are staying three nights at BWV (standard) and 2 nights at SSR (our home). So yes, we will be checking out BWV. We are hoping to at least see inside of a BCV room while we are nearby at BWV. We have stayed at The Beach Club Resort and
Boardwalk Inn, but weren't sure about the DVC resorts since we are newbies.

Thanks for all of your advice!

Ellen

My DH and I know that we want to add on 50 pts. at one of the Epcot resorts, but we are not sure which one. From what I can tell, they both have one major selling point BWV = cheaper points (possible). . .BCV = SAB.

Are there any other perks to each of the resorts that might influence us one way or the other?

TIA

PS - Our children are 19,16, and 4

Wow, 50 points are not going to go very far considering what size unit you need for your group, guess you would have to bank and borrow at the same time.

I stayed at BWV and after my first stay I added on there. I could've added on at either, but choose BWV mostly because of the location to MGM and EPCOT, and I realize that getting a standard room is hard if you're not an owner, so we added on 130 points last year and am glad we did, but we own a ton of points at SSR, so have to find creative ways to use them too. We really liked the community hall, but we are not big fans of the parking and how difficult it is to park there on the weekends because of the evening guests. We are booked at BWV for 2 weeks in May and 2 weeks in October, with a trip to WL in Feb and BCV in Aug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter