BWV Studio Washer and Dryer question

daisygirl902

DIS Veteran
I remember reading about this at some point in the past few months but I think all of this Dis Planning has my brain muddled....when staying in a studio (at BWV) are the laundry facilities free? I know they are not "in room" but do you have to pay for them?

Is this different from resort to resort?

I am trying to decide between 2 BWV studios for my first DVC stay (taking along my MIL and FIL) or a 2 bdrm. I have been advised by others on the boards that the 2 bdrm has more WOW factor, and had decided on that option, but the 2 studios is significantly lower in points....and I can't see us using the kitchen much as we are on the DP for the trip....so the in-room laundry is the biggest selling point to me besides the basic WOW factor...and I think they will be quite WOWed anyways, as they have never really travelled - his mom has never even been on a plane, so I'm thinking that the WOW factor will be pretty much equal regardless of which option I choose.

TIA for the help!

The common washers and dryers are free at all DVC resorts to Members.

:) Bill

Oh jeez - I was almost hoping you'd tell me I'd have to pay for them :rotfl: Now that I know I can do laundry for free and stay in a studio I have a much harder decision to make!

I thought I remembered my guide telling me they were free but then also remembered a post where someone said you had to pay so I got confused...

Oh jeez - I was almost hoping you'd tell me I'd have to pay for them :rotfl: Now that I know I can do laundry for free and stay in a studio I have a much harder decision to make!

I thought I remembered my guide telling me they were free but then also remembered a post where someone said you had to pay so I got confused...
Yes the laundry facilities at DVC resorts are free for members staying in studios, but they aren't the most convient IMO. Depending on resort, there are only a few or one, with limited machines (like 4 - 6) per laundry room. So, they can in use when you want to use them and they also can be located a distance from your room. At BWV, I know of only 1 laundry room, so keep that in mind when making your decision......

I know the 2 bedroom is a lot more points, but then someone has a king bed and you have a jetted tub in the master bath. Plus lounging in the living room is easier than crowding into a studio.

That said, you can do laundry and make use of the pool as it's on the first floor if you keep to the studios.

Love the 2-br in-room laundry... You can always ask for a room close to laundry when making other reservations though. Just something about walking to the laundry makes me feel like I'm back in college!!! :rotfl2:

I know the 2 bedroom is a lot more points, but then someone has a king bed and you have a jetted tub in the master bath. Plus lounging in the living room is easier than crowding into a studio.

You got me there! I forgot about the King Sized bed and Jacuzzi tub!

Sigh....how many times am I allowed to change my mind prior to booking? It looks like I really should stay with the 2 Bdrm, as my future hubby also stays up later than everyone else and would enjoy the added feature of the DVD player too.....plus I COULD actually cook breakfasts instead of eating the delicious concoctions at BW bakery every day....

actually, the renovated studios have dvd players (and they should almost all be done with reno's soon).
we use the laundry room every studio trip (at least 2x year), and never have had to wait for a washer or dryer. dh normally pops the clothes in, then joins me at the pool for some drinks. he goes back to put the items in the dryer, grabs a beer (he doesn't like laying in the sun like i do), and then we take the clothes back to the room......easy, breezy :)
a 2 bdrm definately has more room as well as wow factor than a studio. however, i would personally choose a bw view studio over a preferred view anything, any day.....try for a bw view 2 bdrm, and you'll have the best of all worlds :cloud9:

actually, the renovated studios have dvd players (and they should almost all be done with reno's soon).
we use the laundry room every studio trip (at least 2x year), and never have had to wait for a washer or dryer. dh normally pops the clothes in, then joins me at the pool for some drinks. he goes back to put the items in the dryer, grabs a beer (he doesn't like laying in the sun like i do), and then we take the clothes back to the room......easy, breezy :)
a 2 bdrm definately has more room as well as wow factor than a studio. however, i would personally choose a bw view studio over a preferred view anything, any day.....try for a bw view 2 bdrm, and you'll have the best of all worlds :cloud9:

Well that sounds great but I am guessing my chances of a BW view Studio at the 7 month window are prety slim....but you do have some good points regarding the studios!

I am hoping that at some point I will just make a decision. I have exactly 1 month and 14 days till my 7 month window opens up and I have to know what the plan is. Not sure how many times I will sway from one option to the other at this point.

My fiance laughs every time I say something along the lines of "I finally made up my mind about the rooms" or "I have our dining schedule all figured out - I'm not changing it again!"....luckily he has a sense of humor about it - because until I make the reservation I just keep weighing the pros and cons.

Don't underestimate the luxury of having that living room to hang out together - especially if you are not going to do the parks the commando way. :) Your parents may not have the stamina that you do.

Well that sounds great but I am guessing my chances of a BW view Studio at the 7 month window are prety slim.....

looks like you're thinking of around sept 22? if so, you have a very good shot. any room at the BWVs will be difficult to get once the food and wine festival begins, but the week prior is still pretty slow.
be prepared to waitlist, and you'll prob get it:thumbsup2

looks like you're thinking of around sept 22? if so, you have a very good shot. any room at the BWVs will be difficult to get once the food and wine festival begins, but the week prior is still pretty slow.
be prepared to waitlist, and you'll prob get it:thumbsup2

Yes - I think I may be the only person who is very glad that they moved the F&W festival to the first week of October this year!! There are a bunch of us going down for the wedding, and it'll be good to have the lower crowd volume in the parks for the week :)

The studio is only a glorified hotel room. At BWV you'll get one queen bed and one double sleeper sofa.

But with the two bedroom - you'll get the WOW!!!

All two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs, meaning a studio connected to a one bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter