BWV Standard view, Will I regret it?

Buzzro

Earning My Ears
Called MS for BWV ressie @ 7 months out and was told a 1 bdr. standard view was available and booked it. We have always had perferred. Once quiet pool and the other boardwalk. Both were a long way from the elevators, but we enjoyed the views. So my question is, will we be disappointed with the view and are these rooms further from the elevators or are some of them close to the elevators? If some are closer which rooms would they be? I think I would be willing to sacrifice the view to be closer to the elevators.

Thanks in advance for any input provided.:bounce:

There are BWV standard view rooms that are close to the elevators and also those that are not. If you want a room close to the elevators, be sure to request it. We've only stayed in standard view rooms and have not minded the view. We were able to see some of the higher fireworks from EPCOT from our balcony and we were fairly close to the elevators. Sorry, I don't remember any room numbers. Our balcony overlooked the driveway and hotel entrance area. We were about halfway between the bus stop and the hotel entrance doors.

If you spend a lot of time on the balcony, you would most likely be happier with a preferred view. That said, I enjoyed sipping coffee on the balcony early in the morning. Very peaceful.

Just returned from BWV last evening. Our first standard view one bedroom...will never reserve a preferred veiw again! We were in room 4121, a dedicated 1 bedroom. Excellent condition, overlooked a pond/fountain. It was a L O N G walk from the elevator, but we've had preferred views tha were a hike too! Quite room, with the patio doors shut, we didn't hear any bus noise. We were almost at the end of the wing near the parking lots, we faced the boardwalk inn buildings. Had an excellent fiew of the high Epcot fireworks.

For us, the extra points for a preferred view aren't worth the investment!

enjoy!

We've been very happy with all of our stays at BWV, standard and preferred views.

Standards View: Saving a few points is always a good thing, and more than compensated for the view, which was ok by me anyway. Now that I think about it... the standard view savings afforded us extra day!

Preferred View: We've splurged on a 2-br overlooking the boardwalk. One of our pictures off the balcony is now my computer wallpaper. Every morning, when I turn my computer on, I return to a view of a bustling Boardwalk.

Elevators: This is really not an issue at all with me. This is WDW... There's going to be a lot of walking, regardless of your room location.

Just returned from BWV with a standard view, 2127. The room overlooked a pond, parking lot, the walkway to MGM and could see TOT in the distance. The best thing was the fireworks from MGM. I'm not sure what was going on but one night around 11:30 I heard fireworks and I went outside to see where they were since all parks were closed. To my surprise they were at MGM and I had a terrific view. It was certainly a magical surprise.

hi: we actually like the std. view rooms over the preferred view because of the point savings. we've never been able to get the elusive bw view - just both pool views and a canal view. our last trip in may we had a std. view that was only 3 doors from the elevator and overlooked the front drive. it was the best std. view we've ever gotten.

We returned on Sunday from 9 days in room 1135. We were on the bottom floor that overlooked the pond. We were actually the very last unit in the wing. It was VERY quiet and we loved it!

Yes it was a hike to the lobby, but there was a side door to go to the buses. I expect to do a lot of walking at Disney anyways so I don't mind the walk.

The nice thing about staying on the ground floor is that you don't have to wait for an elevator.

We have stayed at the BWV (studio) 3 times, once with a standard & twice with preferred view. Of the 3 we liked the standard view best! Our last "preferred" ended up being a handicap room, and it was different (no tub, no safe, no little sofa). We were on the first floor looking through the bushes at the backside of the bar for the pool (sorry can't remember what it's called). We should have never accepted the room. It was far too many points and we were disappointed. We have decided that from now on, the standard view will be just fine!!

facebook twitter