BWV Rehabbed Studios

Ellie42699

Mouseketeer
I'm trying, without success, to find pictures of the new studios at Boardwalk Villas. Has anyone been lucky enough to get one yet and are there any pictures??

I'm looking for pics too! We rented points for a studio. We are leaving in a week and a half for our first trip to WDW, and we are getting very excited!!!:yay:

We're staying in January and next August. I know the BWI rooms are done, but haven't heard about the Villas. Hopefully some pics will surface soon...

Is it me, or are the rooms in DVC units not nearly as nice as the regular guest rooms at the hotels?
I'm looking at the rehabbed studios and 1brs and then at the standard guest rooms at the Boardwalk Inn, and there's no comparison. The rooms in the inn are elegant and luxurious. The rooms in the BWV, are...well....they're a place to sleep.
This is just my opinion, but really, I don't think you can even compare the two. I'd always thought that the BWV units were just like the rooms at the BWI, only bigger.

Is it me, or are the rooms in DVC units not nearly as nice as the regular guest rooms at the hotels?
I'm looking at the rehabbed studios and 1brs and then at the standard guest rooms at the Boardwalk Inn, and there's no comparison. The rooms in the inn are elegant and luxurious. The rooms in the BWV, are...well....they're a place to sleep.
This is just my opinion, but really, I don't think you can even compare the two. I'd always thought that the BWV units were just like the rooms at the BWI, only bigger.

I completely agree! I've always wondered why the DVC rooms always looked worse than the actual hotel rooms. Considering DVC is somewhat considered "special treatment" and "welcome home" you would imagine that they make those rooms just as nice. Even with the new updates, they still aren't as up to par as the other rooms. The furniture doesn't even seem custom anymore with the way the TV is just placed on top of the armoire. The previous rooms looked dated and not the most attractive, so at least there's some improvement with the refurbs. I think the same applies to the regular BC being nice and then BC DVC not-so-nice rooms too. Kidani Village and BLT seem to have it right though.

I agree too! And this is precisely the reason we didn't - and have no plans to - buy into DVC. I'm so particular about room decor. I think the BC and BWI recent room refurbs are so beautiful and I have to say I'm very disappointed by the BWV refurb. Especially because that is where were were planning to buy in. We LOVE the BWI and the location. I feel the same way about WL and WLV tool.

Since I actually like the AKV decor a lot, once we stay there in Dec, I will see how I feel about the bus-only transportation deal and make a decision from there. But I just can't see it changing our minds. During our DVC research, we learned that the DVC rooms don't get updated as much as the regular rooms, basically to control costs and membership dues to the owners. But even basic decisions about design (heavy floral) seem to be different for the villas vs. the hotel rooms and I prefer the hotel rooms.

I'm saving my pennies and staying in the regular hotel rooms as long as we can (unless we need the space like if we have a big family).

I completely agree! I've always wondered why the DVC rooms always looked worse than the actual hotel rooms. Considering DVC is somewhat considered "special treatment" and "welcome home" you would imagine that they make those rooms just as nice. Even with the new updates, they still aren't as up to par as the other rooms. The furniture doesn't even seem custom anymore with the way the TV is just placed on top of the armoire. The previous rooms looked dated and not the most attractive, so at least there's some improvement with the refurbs. I think the same applies to the regular BC being nice and then BC DVC not-so-nice rooms too. Kidani Village and BLT seem to have it right though.

totally agree too. I can't understand why they didn't at least give the villas the same fluffy, luxurious bedding that the Inn got. What they have on there now looks like a cheap $10 bedspread from Target. Don't get me wrong - I'm really looking forward to our stay in January, but I am disappointed at the overall results of the refurb. It all looks cheap.

:sad::sad: ITA! The new rooms look so cheesy!!!!! What happened??

I stayed in a BWV Studio Aug 2008 and it was beautiful. I cannot even imagine how they can call this a refurb!:scared1:

DH and I will be in a BWV Studio Oct 2010 and I have been so psyched about the trip- now that I see the new rooms, it took my excitement down a notch!:sad2:

The refurbed rooms remind me a lot of a comfort inn type room. Not bad, but nothing more than a room with a bed. The one thing that makes me so excited to stay there is the location. Can't beat it!

I absolutely agree that for refurbished rooms they still look so dated and not at all luxurious. It could be personal preference but I'll stick with BLT even though I LOVE the location of BWV.

I'm bumping this cuz somebody out there must have pics of the new rehabbed rooms (studio, one-bedroom, anything?!!) I did peak at the pics on Allears and I love the new color scheme & flat screen tvs (esp love the one-bedroom) but still like to see more pics :confused3

I totally agree.

I can only talk from a UK perspective, but most travel companies in the UK are now charging alot more for a room at the BWI than before the refurb, the price is even more than the BC or YC (which of course have also been refurbed) - the way I look at it, I know DVC is a long term investment, but staying at the BWI for 7 nights in a standard room is around £1,800 about $3,000 - $3,000 is a lot to pay for a one off 7 night stay. No way would I pay $3,000 to stay in the newly refurbed Boardwalk DVC, very disappointing :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter