BWV refurb is in full swing.

Heading home today after a wonderful 5 night stay in an updated standard studio (4079). It was our first stay at the Boardwalk, but certainly not our last! The location was superb. We really enjoyed our room location— close to the elevator and easy walk anywhere on the property. We weren’t bothered by the construction. There was some near the main pool and certain entry points would be blocked at times, but not a problem. The resort definitely was calm for such a busy week, probably since it’s not operating at full capacity right now. We stayed just as a couple, so we didn’t need to use the pull down Murphy bed or single bed, but tried them out and they were comfortable. I don’t know how many rooms were occupied on hallway, but it was pretty quiet and we never heard the neighbors in the connecting room.
Great to hear. I have a standard view studio booked May 5-10, and would rather not be moved.

I have two standard studios that we are checking into on Monday and I’ve not been moved. DVC did call me two days ago and I was like …. Nooooooo! However, they called to try and sell me Riviera points. So happy it wasn’t the dreaded we are moving you call. I’m happy to hear @DisFanWife had a standard studio with a Murphy. Thank you for the report!

I have two standard studios that we are checking into on Monday and I’ve not been moved. DVC did call me two days ago and I was like …. Nooooooo! However, they called to try and sell me Riviera points. So happy it wasn’t the dreaded we are moving you call. I’m happy to hear @DisFanWife had a standard studio with a Murphy. Thank you for the report!
You may not be out of the woods yet. DD arrived at BWV late last Friday evening with a standard view studio booking. She got the call that they were moving her to an Inn room about 3:30 pm, just before she left for the airport. She’s traveling solo, so it was an easy move for her.

Last edited:
You may not be out of the woods yet. DD arrived at BWV late last Friday evening with a standard view studio booking. She got the call that they were moving her to an Inn room about 3:30 pm, just before she left for the airport. She’s traveling solo, so it was an easy move for her.
Oh wow! That’s very last minute.

When I was there in early February, I had a split stay at VGF moving to a 2 BR, coveted Boardwalk View, for the second half. The morning of my move Boardwalk called and I answered the phone. They told me there was a maintenance issue and they were going to have to move me to a Pool/Garden view. I pitched a bit of a fit as I had booked it 11 months on the nose and my family was on a plane on their way down to meet me. They did find me another Boardwalk 2 BR Boardwalk view villa, and the manager was great. But note to self: never answer that dreaded phone call within a few days of arrival!

Have a great trip!

Now, that is late notice!!
Did they at least give her a $50 per night credit?

Now, that is late notice!!
Did they at least give her a $50 per night credit?
No nightly credit. She was there for four nights and missed the actual refrigerator, since the room had a beverage cooler instead. She did have to go to the front desk to get some dish soap to wash out the beverage bottle she uses for water or tea. They also offered laundry soap, but she didn’t need that for her short trip.

But note to self: never answer that dreaded phone call within a few days of arrival!
Might not be such a good note to remember. You could arrive and find yourself reassigned with no options. Answer the phone, express disappointment and maybe get some options/pixie dust (someone else gets moved).

Just a thought. :)

Might not be such a good note to remember. You could arrive and find yourself reassigned with no options. Answer the phone, express disappointment and maybe get some options/pixie dust (someone else gets moved).

Just a thought. :)

I know, my comment was somewhat tongue in cheek. But boy I really had to beg, and it was super stressful 😬 I did feel a bit badly because maybe someone else got bumped, but that view is SO tough to get these days (been BWV members for 25 years and it has never been as competitive as the past few years) so it was worth asking. I actually jumped in an Uber from VGF when I got the call and went to the BWV front desk and nicely asked to speak with a manager and she was absolutely amazing. I believe the operations person who called me was also trying to figure something out since I was so disappointed. So the BWV team really stepped up - pixie dust for sure.

Last edited:
Please let us know how it goes tomorrow. And, Good Luck on the 2 standard view studios!

We have checked in and received two standard studios. One on the 4th floor and one on the 5th floor. Both are close to the elevators and both have Murphy beds. The room refurbishment looks beautiful and doesn’t feel cheap at all so that is great! I love the Mickey throw pillows in the room. We are in a connecting room and with the door there that space doesn’t look bare like it does in the non connecting studios. I don’t love the shower glass doors because it makes the shower feel even smaller to me but no big deal there. The balcony chairs are as ridiculously awful as everyone says they are. Like they are BAD. Corn dog stand was being worked on today.

Attachments

• IMG_9919.jpeg
    IMG_9919.jpeg
    55.7 KB · Views: 25

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter