• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWV questions...

NYDisneyMom

I need to have a vacation planned at all times...
While we've been to Disney many times, we have never stayed at the BW villas (OKW a few times and loved it!)

Questions: Are the villas in a separate area from the BWI? Is it a further walk to the actual BW area (never been there either) Any particular floor, building I should request for the quietest and nicest views?

Thanks...I'm sure I'll have more questions soon!! :D

Boardwalk Inn & Boardwalk Villas more or less mirror each other with a joint lobby between them. In both Inn and Villas you might have either a room a long long way from the lobby and the lifts to the Boardwalk, or one close by with a short walk. The villas are on the side facing the main pool and the MGM canal.

Although I have never stayed in one, the rooms overlooking the Boardwalk are highly regarded and are said to be well soundproofed. I believe they have views of Epcot Illuminations. Many of the rooms facing the other way have a view of MGMs Tower of Terror in the distance, and you get to see Fantasmic fireworks.

Boardwalk Villas rooms are not quite as large as OKW. BWV now have three classes of view. 'Preferred View' (you can see Bay Lake or the MGM canal), 'Boardwalk View' over the Boardwalk facing Epcot, (popular and possibly all reserved at 11 months window) plus 'standard view' (viw of the parking lots) which are less points.

Both Inn and Villas are spread out horizontally, and it can be a long walk back to the lifts (and hence to Boardwalk) from the furthest rooms. Both Inn and Villas have rooms at first floor level which in my opinion can be dark and are to be avoided at all costs.

Andrew

We have stayed at the BWI and will be at the Villas on our next trip. Here's a link to a map and that should help give you an idea of the layout:
http://www.wdwig.com/bwalk2.jpg

Also, if you haven't seen this already here is a link to some pictures:
http://www.wdwig.com/g_bwv.htm

I have to tell you we really loved the BW area. The resort itself was beautiful and the location was great. It was so much fun strolling around the BW after a day at the parks. My dd got her face painted, we watched the performers, went on a surrey bike, got icecream, ate at all the restaurants. During the day we walked to the YC and rented a boat, then ate at B&C. We were so happy with our stay we decided to now try the villas.

We really liked the layout of the place. It is like one big building with the Inn on one side and the villas on the other with the lobby in between. Our room was almost at the end of the hall and it really isn't a long walk. Some think it is, but we didn't mind it. We often took the stairs to get to the quiet pool which was really close to our room. I wouldn't say one side is closer than the other to the BW, but I will tell you that the main pool is on the Villas side and therefore easier to get to if staying in the villas. Also if you were planning to walk to MGM it is "closer" or on the same side as the Villas and Epcot is on the side of the Inn and could be considered closer.

Thanks...I'm getting excited about our stay there! From looking at the map it does look like there are some villas that are quite a distance from the Boardwalk area. My reservation is for a preferred view. Any suggestions on where I should request a room when checking in? We get there early in the morning the day we arrive and I just planned on hanging out on the Boardwalk/pool that day.

Thanks again!!! :D

I am sure you will love BW, we do!

Here is a link with some room reports and it will give you some view comments. http://members.aol.com/InstImpres/boardwalk
Disney is getting stricter on there "room requests", asking for a specific room and getting it is slim. This will give you an idea of “sectional views”.

The files are in adobe acrobat and which can be downloaded from this site for free:
http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Any room at BWV is certainly a terrific choice

Happy Travels
Sandy

Been there, have points there, love the place.

Last time we stayed there we got a "No Smoking if you request a non-smoking room, but it is on a smoking floor and it's designation changes at our whim" room when we requested "as high as possible non-smoking. We were also as far away from the center of the hotel as is possible. We actually bragged at our Health Club as to the amount of exercise we got just walking to and from our room.

I digress,

The "Evil Clown Pool" (Luna Del Noche) is quite fun, it has a water slide in the clown. There is lots to do on the boardwalk especially at night after the parks close if you don't want to go to Downtown Disney. DW and I like JellyRolls (but I had a hard time with the cigarette smoke). You can also rent a bicycle for two and ride around the lake.

We also like being within walking distance (15-20 minute walk) of both Epcot and MGM. We like to race the boat to see how much extra time we spent walking than riding, and thinking of the extra calories we could then have.

The rooms are nice, and very well themed. We also like the Kitchenette/full kitchen (depending on which size room you have). You can order bring up your own water, keep leftovers and make pop-tarts for breakfast.

The only other thing I can suggest is to watch Zippy on your in room TV to learn about getting around the parks, Ultimate Park hopper if you are there for less than 5 days, if your stay is longer(or if you are planning another trip inside a calendar year) you might consider an Annual Pass.

I hope this helps, YOU WILL HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION!!!!!

:bounce:

I love these boards!! I get so much info here...and I'd consider myself pretty well-informed to start with! LOL!

We have a 1 bedroom, preferred view room (I'm gonna check out that link to the rooms in a second, thanks!!) This trip is just myself and my two boys - 7 and almost 8 yr olds. I'd love to rent the bicycles. Do they rent the water mice at the BW? Can I do that with the three of us? I'm used to having my husband along on the trips and we do things in two's -- I'm really hoping this trip won't be hard on the kids just having me to take them on rides, etc.

I'm just doing 4 day park hoppers. We get there early Sun. morning, Mon-Thurs we're doing the parks, Friday is a pool day/DD night and we leave Sat. afternoon. It's a quick trip for us, we're usually there three or four more days, but we have the cruise coming up in May so I'm trying to cut back! ;)

Any other suggestions to do with the boys while at the BW? Oh...one other question I just thought of !! Don't know if you guys know the answer to this...but I'd love to have a Pal Mickey waiting for the boys when we get in the room...anyone know how I can do this? Should I call ahead or ask for it when I check in?

Thanks again!! :)

Sadly, I think you have to get the watermice on the other side of the lake.

The Pool at the BW is nice, but with DVC you can poolhop (remember)

Try the concierge at the BW (or ask the front desk if they can do it for you). Having stuff left in the room is a service that WDW is trying to cut out except for people paying for the concierge amanities.

If all else fails, try Jane at www.giftsofalifetime.com She charges a premium for her services, but might be able to arrange it. she might even talk you into one of her surprizes!!!!!

Sounds like too short of a trip to me.

1 1BR has a washer and dryer in it. It also comes with free movie rentals if memory serves me.

The kids are too young for the Piano Club (JellyRolls) but they will probably love the ESPN Sports Bar (I think that they can get in there, but am noot sure.)

My suggestion, relax and don't overplan. you will be back in a few months.........

Originally posted by NYDisneyMom
Any suggestions on where I should request a room when checking in?

I will be in a Boardwalk one bedroom villa from 9/10 to 9/30 so I will be there at the same time as you. I will be asking for a unit as near the lifts as possible, and on the highest floor available.

Andrew

Originally posted by Andrew Bichard
I will be in a Boardwalk one bedroom villa from 9/10 to 9/30 so I will be there at the same time as you. I will be asking for a unit as near the lifts as possible, and on the highest floor available.

Andrew

Andrew,
You are my new idol! LOL! ;) 20 Days at WDW...I'm totally jealous! Good for you!!

Okay..now I have one last question since pool hopping was brought up. I'm using DVC points (rented from a dear friend) am I still allowed to pool hop? I'd LOVE to try Stormalong!
I'm not sure. Have your friend that you are renting from call member services...
If I think about it, I will call tomorrow.

Isn't Stormalong a pool that you can't hop to?
(I don't remember)

am I still allowed to pool hop? I'd LOVE to try Stormalong!

Sorry,

As soon as Beach Club villas opened, Stormalong Bay was excluded from DVC poolhopping priveliges. That doesn't mean to say you can't ask nicely when you get there, seeing as you are visiting at a quiet time of year. The official policy though, is no, you cannot pool hop to Stormalong (or AKL). Anywhere else is OK.

Andrew

20 Days at WDW...I'm totally jealous! Good for you!!

Actually 26 nights! I do not have enough points to stay more than three weeks at DVC. If Annual Passholder discounts are not announced (and it looking increasingly likely they won't be), I will be staying the first five days of my trip across the lobby at the Inn.

Because I use a wheelchair (look out for an overweight bearded guy in an electric powered wheelchair), it is a big hassle getting all the way from my home in the UK to Florida and back, so I save up all my vacation time and take one big trip every once in a while rather than a series of shorter trips.

I love WDW because I can do so many things and get around on the fully accessible transport. My longer than average stay means that I don't have to attack the parks like a commando. I can stay in bed late (what is an early entry day?), and come back early. I don't feel obliged to go into the parks every day. If I miss something, there is always tomorrow. Most of all, I can relax.

Andrew

Originally posted by Andrew Bichard
Actually 26 nights.........
. If I miss something, there is always tomorrow. Most of all, I can relax.

Andrew

I'm still completely jealous! :) Sounds like you've got things figured out! It sounds great. And yes, I will keep and eye out for you while I'm there! Thanks for all the help!

Phyllis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter