BWV or BCV ?

happiest in Disney

Mouseketeer
I have a dilema....We always stay at BWV and have used SAB pool at BC (this was before the new restriction on pool hopping) Now we are considering staying at BCV since my son loves SAB pool actually we all do. I really love the BWV it has so many great views from the rooms. From what I have read here BCV has nice views but nothing sounds outstanding. Also, How far is the walk to SAB from the Villas? For those of you that have stayed in both which did you like better and which would you reccommend?
THanks
Donna

Well, I have recently stayed at both and I must say that I loved both! There are different things I loved about each one.

When we stayed at BWV, I enjoyed all the activity around the Boardwalk and the whole atmosphere and theming. We were there over Christmas/NYE and it was a great place to be. We were in a studio, which had more cabinet space and storage than our studio at BCV. We had a blast on the water slide at the "scary clown pool."

When we were at BCV, it was very cold and so we did not even make use of SAB. However, it is obviously an awesome pool. BCV was quieter and more sedate, which was nice for the time we were down. We also lucked out and had a fabulous view of Illuminations from our balcony, so that increased our enjoyment. I don't know how to describe the length of the walk from the villas to SAB. You have to walk through the small courtyard, and through the main building to get over to SAB. From our room, including an elevator ride, it would have been maybe 3-5 min.

My 2 home resorts are BWV and BCV, so I will be back often to both of them. I'm delighted to have both places as home resorts (although we also loved OKW a couple years ago), and honestly think you couldn't go wrong in either one. :D

Hope that helps. Good luck! :jester:

Thank you TRAVELBUG for your detailed comparison...Although I am still undecided I'm sure whichever we choose we will love.:jester:

We stayed at BCV in Dec/Jan and I would say that the walk to SAB was much longer than 5 minutes. I would really double that at least. You have to go all the way to the entrance to the villas, take the breezeway over to the BC, walk through the main lobby past the entrance to Cape May and past the front desk, walk all the way around Cape May the now closed Ariel's, and then you are finally at the entrance near Beaches and Cream. If you want to go to the wading pool area, you'll have to walk even longer.

All of this in your swim suit. A wet swim suit with a towel wrapped around you on the way back.

Still, we managed to get to SAB every day we were at BCV. It's the real draw for us since I happen to like Boardwalk *resort* better that the Beach Club *resort*. The Y&BC are a bit on the snooty side for me ... our nicknames for the resort set is the "Snot and B**ch Club" :D. We'll be back for July 4th :p.

Robinb,
I felt that way when we were at the pool last time (snooty) but I just let it roll...But that does seem like quite a walk in swimsuit ...I really love bwv and maybe we will just stay there again. I mean the pool is really great at BCV but how much am I going to be in it ...realisticly....Oh...whatever happens ...happens...we will have a blast wherever we go...right now my reservations are at OKW Villas but I'm hoping to switch.
Donna
THanks for the input

BCV vs BWV

I like the BCV room layout better. Table seats 8 whereas BWV, WLV does not. Bathroom layout nice, Desk in bedroom in BCV.
BCV is newer.
Seemed slower and a little more quiet and relaxed than BC, YC and BWV, yet still close to activities.
Distance to the elevator is better.
Nice Quiet pool
Lots of nice internal spaces for when it's raining, drawing room, breezeway, solarium, BC lobby.
Sandcastle club availability
Outstanding location, boat to MGM, walk to Epcot, Baordwalk area activities closeby, swan and Dolphin restaraunts.
Love the Beach Theme
Great at access to Beach Club amenities, and restaraunts, Jellyrolls, stores, Beaches and Cream, Arcade, etc.
Prefer the sand beach along crescent lake instead of the boardswalk
SAB is nice
Nice Beach Club Workout facility.
Nice access to the parking lot
Bus service fine.
Hotel services available like in-room dining, valet services, front staff.
Nice entrance to the resort walking in BC entrance with large fresh flower arrangements, sometimes music in lobby (saw harpist) front door greetings.
Marina activites, can take boats to see illuminations.
BCVs has access to a marina along with the YC and BC. WLV and OKW also has a marina. BWV does not.
For us, the circus theme isn't as appealing as the beach theme, circuses don't have a good reputation for cleanliness or humane treatment towards animals, or the most friendly workers, but that's just us.

No community Hall and Community Hall activities like BWV, Vero, others.
Uses all preferred view point structure, no advantage of standards view lower point structure like at BWV or lower points requirements like at OWK to stretch point value
Rooms smaller than OKW, lessstorage space - OKW, Vero and HH rooms are larger.
No three bedroom grand villas available (usually requires 11 month window at other resorts)
No outstanding crecent lake views like BWV
Villas in back are too close to roadway, some noise.

Originally posted by robinb
The Y&BC are a bit on the snooty side for me ... our nicknames for the resort set is the "Snot and B**ch Club" :D. We'll be back for July 4th :p.

Robin,

This coming from a Cubs fan??:D

hey I loved the view - yes it is also of the road - but who cares - looking at Spaceship Earth is great!!!

I don't like the sofa beds - too hard and sandy - but I think they expect you to use the SAB pool often. I like my sofa soft - but that me.

Yes I liked the design better - much better- but I think I had a dedicated studio.

I loved the very short walk to Epcot, almost felt like part of our resort! We've stayed at BWV, and it seemed much further away. Of course, our room was WAAAY at the back on the MGM side. Also loved the easy access to our car, not as convenient as OKW, but much easier than BWV. And the daughter loves SAB, was not at all impressed with Luna pool, so that kind of seals it. Our first trip to WDW involved a wonderful 10 day stay at BC, so nostalgia probably has a lot to do with our preference. Diana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter