BWV Deluxe Studio BW View Question

RedM94

DIS Veteran
My son and I will be arriving next Thursday for SWW. This will be our first stay at BWV. I have a deluxe studio boardwalk view booked.

Are the room locations in this category pretty much the same as far a view and room location. Are there any that are better than others?

I would appreciate an thoughts on what section or rooms to request.

TIA

My son and I will be arriving next Thursday for SWW. This will be our first stay at BWV. I have a deluxe studio boardwalk view booked.

Are the room locations in this category pretty much the same as far a view and room location. Are there any that are better than others?

I would appreciate an thoughts on what section or rooms to request.

TIA

Drop down to post entitled "Courtesy of Shamus -- BWV Villa Locations by View" and you can see exactly where the boardwalk view studios are. There is only one area many like to avoid and that is the rooms on first floor (there are only three) next to the DVC preview center (there is a 2BR lock-off which can be a studio and 1BR and a dedicated 1BR on that first floor) because you are actually at boardwalk level and anyone passing by can look into your room. Otherwise views are good from all boardwalk view studios but many prefer higher floor (4 or 5)

There is only one area many like to avoid and that is the rooms on first floor (there are only three) next to the DVC preview center (there is a 2BR lock-off which can be a studio and 1BR and a dedicated 1BR on that first floor) because you are actually at boardwalk level and anyone passing by can look into your room.
I remember walking by these rooms years ago and seeing people out on the balcony/patio watching all the boardwalk traffic go by and thought, "how cool! how do I get that room??" I'm still trying to stay in one of those. So I guess it's all perspective :goodvibes

Drop down to post entitled "Courtesy of Shamus -- BWV Villa Locations by View" and you can see exactly where the boardwalk view studios are. There is only one area many like to avoid and that is the rooms on first floor (there are only three) next to the DVC preview center (there is a 2BR lock-off which can be a studio and 1BR and a dedicated 1BR on that first floor) because you are actually at boardwalk level and anyone passing by can look into your room. Otherwise views are good from all boardwalk view studios but many prefer higher floor (4 or 5)

Awesome! Thank you!!

Thanks again, the post was a big help! Other than first floor, is highger better than lower? Would appreciate any opinions.

Thanks

Higher is nicer for the views. We've sat and watched Illuminations and off in the distance you can see the fireworks at Magic Kingdom.

Generally speaking, at the Boardwalk for both standard and Boardwalk Views - higher floors farther from the elevator have the best views - you are more likely to see more Illumniations fireworks from them. But they are the least convenient, because the only set of elevators is way down the hall by the lobby. So if you end up at the end of the building on the fifth floor, you need to take stairs - or walk long hallways - to get anywhere. If you have kids who love the pool and strollers, you may be better off on the first or second floor (the lobby is on the second floor), the pool is the first floor - BWV is a huge walk out basement floorplan) to easily get to the pool and the bus stop - you'll spend more of your time coming and going than sitting in your room watching fireworks.

The second floor balconies are solid balconies - meaning you have to stand up to get the view. I've owned three condos and I always try to avoid them - on vacation and for real estate;). However, some of the second floor balconies at BWV are huge. But don't put *no second floor* - I did this on a rental and she got - the second floor. :goodvibes I would put upper floor.

I had a great room once - I believe it was 5031 - it has a dedicated twin - 5029 so 4031/4029 - 3031....etc. etc. Just in case you don't know - BW view have some dedicated studios - not attached to a one bedroom. But in that area as I said above - the second floor in the area is a huge balcony - but solid. You might ask for above the hoop toss or above Big River Grille.

Here are some shots - sometimes I'm leaning over away from the huge pillars. So know that they are in your line of sight - to the/your right looking out toward the BWI side. I just did some gymnastics. :rotfl2:

DisneyXmas2_48.jpg

DisneyXmas2_144.jpg

DisneyXmas2_49-1.jpg

DisneyXmas2_31-2.jpg

So these rooms - the XX31 and XX29 Big River Grille side of the shot - are in the indented area (open balconies set back) between the pillars (Grand Villas) and the next set of balconies - which are enclosed:

DisneyXmas2_87.jpg

On that first shot you can see the 2nd floor solid type - and sort of see the huge 2nd floor solid - 2031/2029 right near the Big River Grille awning. And you can see the different balcony types. I prefer open to enclosed. Can you tell I'm kind of into balconies. :rotfl2::lmao:. My terrace here at home is probably close to half the size of my very tiny condo.

(though some might like enclosed certain times of year - meaning rainy season)

EDIT: I just noticed those extremely enclosed - second floor - above the store flags. The half circles. Wow. Very enclosed. Nope. Nope. Nope. That would mean a dark room. Can't stand a dark room. Extremely enclosed and hooded ones (Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club have some) - not for me. I mean if I can help it - smiling - I'm not a check-in diva. I swear.

And here's what I mean about looking through the pillars to the BWI side:

DisneyXmas2_131.jpg

Also if you take the stairs there is a door that exits right on the BW. It's an exit only though.

Well then maybe a little too much information. :rotfl2::lmao:;). Oh well. Smiling.

Have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

Oh - are you a morning person? If you are no issues at all. I'm not - love my sleeping in - and some days I wanted to whip something at those boats. So ear plugs if you love sleep. :goodvibes

And the noise protection from the glass is terrific - no worries at night one bit.

But those *&%# boats could get through anything!;)

We actually had one of those rooms with the half circle balcony and the balcony was fantastic, almost as big as the room! Not dark at all. It was a solid wall but the good thing was you could be out there early in your pj's for coffee & no one knew. There was a ledge about a foot wide along the top to rest your coffee, beverages etc on. A great idea would be to have 2-3 bar height stools out there. My husband toyed with the idea of bringing one or two up from the boardwalk, but I quickly discouraged that...

So these rooms - the XX31 and XX29 Big River Grille side of the shot - are in the indented area (open balconies set back) between the pillars (Grand Villas) and the next set of balconies - which are enclosed:

DisneyXmas2_87.jpg

On that first shot you can see the 2nd floor solid type - and sort of see the huge 2nd floor solid - 2031/2029 right near the Big River Grille awning. And you can see the different balcony types. I prefer open to enclosed. Can you tell I'm kind of into balconies. :rotfl2::lmao:. My terrace here at home is probably close to half the size of my very tiny condo.

(though some might like enclosed certain times of year - meaning rainy season)

EDIT: I just noticed those extremely enclosed - second floor - above the store flags. The half circles. Wow. Very enclosed. Nope. Nope. Nope. That would mean a dark room. Can't stand a dark room. Extremely enclosed and hooded ones (Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club have some) - not for me. I mean if I can help it - smiling - I'm not a check-in diva. I swear.

And here's what I mean about looking through the pillars to the BWI side:

DisneyXmas2_131.jpg

Also if you take the stairs there is a door that exits right on the BW. It's an exit only though.

Well then maybe a little too much information. :rotfl2::lmao:;). Oh well. Smiling.

Have a wonderful time. :goodvibes

Lisa,

Thank you for all of the photos and information on the BWV rooms!!! If you stop by next weekend, let me know. I would love to buy you a drink!

Thanks again!

Rick

We actually had one of those rooms with the half circle balcony and the balcony was fantastic, almost as big as the room!

I guess so, eh? Because it's the same size as the bottom of that GV. Nice.

Not dark at all.

I should have said - for me. Because it would be for me. It's the downside of floor to ceiling windows for years in condos. It totally ruins you. ;) Kind a la fireworks at home and Disney. :3dglasses Suddenly, the pinwheel doesn't have the same effect. Even with music piped in. Smiling.

Funny story - but every time I would come home from holidays and enter my last condo (south facing and floor to ceiling) it would literally blow me back. :rotfl2: It was like God was visiting. ;) I guess one's eyes forget. I know how ridiculous that sounds ;) - I'm aware - but it's the truth. Just overblown with light. Even this one - facing north - has tons of light on the darkest of days.

So on vacation it's a must for me.

It was a solid wall but the good thing was you could be out there early in your pj's for coffee & no one knew. There was a ledge about a foot wide along the top to rest your coffee, beverages etc on. A great idea would be to have 2-3 bar height stools out there. My husband toyed with the idea of bringing one or two up from the boardwalk, but I quickly discouraged that...

So funny. Smart. :rotfl2: I loved the "but I quickly discouraged that". :laughing:

And it must give you a feeling - the excitement - of literally being right on the BW - probably way more than a higher floor.

Lisa,

If you stop by next weekend, let me know. I would love to buy you a drink!

Thanks again!

Rick

In that case Rick I will definitely wiggle my nose and suddenly appear. :rotfl2:

Sighing - I would have loved that.

Have a wonderful time and you're welcome,

Leia ;)

Lisa,
Never really thought of it like that but it was exciting, like being right on the Boardwalk! We have stayed BWV several times and that was by far (for us) our favorite room. We are booked for F&W in a BWV 1bed and hope to get the same area.
Murphy

Thanks for this thread OP, it has served to get me all the more excited about our first Boardwalk view stay. Eight months to go!

DisneyXmas2_87.jpg

I had the 4th floor room with the setback balcony under the arch. It was a 1 bedroom, I think it may have been 4011. The door from the living room did not open, the only way to get on the balcony was from the bedroom. Not my favorite.

ohhhhh lisa, why did you post those photos? i just got that tingly feeling seeing my room(s) at "home" again :cloud9:
so, just my opinion, but for a first time, i would request an upper floor - the view of illuminations if gorgeous on 5, and beautiful on 4.
we stay in xx29 or xx31 at least twice a year (just got back on may 1st <sigh>, am thinking of stopping by for a few days in august, and have our sept/oct trip booked:rolleyes1). for us, the second floor is wonderful: the balcony is HUUUUUGE, but our absolute favorite part is the very short walk up/down the stairwell. the nearby stairs - just around a corner from these rooms - exit to 2 doors: one leading to the main pool and the other by the walkway to DHS. since we like to go in and out of our room a lot (strolls, picking up something at the bakery, etc), the convenience of the stairwell overrides our love of that full, stunning view sometimes. (the walk down 5 flights of stairs is easy, but we learned that going up multiple times a day is just too much exercise. the elevators are not far, but just not as convenient).

you still do get a view of illuminations from the 2nd and 3rd floors, as well as being able to watch people playing (i.e., losing;)) the carny games as well as seeing up close the awe and envy in people's faces as they wonder how you became so fortunate to have such a view, but simply, lluminations is more limited.

for a first timer (actually, for the first few trips), i would definately recommend requesting upper floor. if you can use stairs (are sans strollers, scooters, wheelchairs, knee/leg problems), the 2nd floor has some wonderful amenities all it's own.

have a wonderful trip:)

Lisa,
Never really thought of it like that but it was exciting, like being right on the Boardwalk! We have stayed BWV several times and that was by far (for us) our favorite room. We are booked for F&W in a BWV 1bed and hope to get the same area.
Murphy

I have received rooms where I thought "aaah crap" (with a smile of course ;)) and then I've loved them. Front side of VWL - first floor DD view SSR - 2nd floor BCV and pool view in general. Just to name a few. In fact, I totally get/understand the second floor. I always ask for high floor but got the 2nd at BCV last year. And it does give you the feeling of being connected. Have fun at F&W. Nice.

ohhhhh lisa, why did you post those photos? i just got that tingly feeling seeing my room(s) at "home" again :cloud9:
so, just my opinion, but for a first time, i would request an upper floor - the view of illuminations if gorgeous on 5, and beautiful on 4.
we stay in xx29 or xx31 at least twice a year (just got back on may 1st <sigh>, am thinking of stopping by for a few days in august, and have our sept/oct trip booked:rolleyes1). for us, the second floor is wonderful: the balcony is HUUUUUGE, but our absolute favorite part is the very short walk up/down the stairwell. the nearby stairs - just around a corner from these rooms - exit to 2 doors: one leading to the main pool and the other by the walkway to DHS. since we like to go in and out of our room a lot (strolls, picking up something at the bakery, etc), the convenience of the stairwell overrides our love of that full, stunning view sometimes. (the walk down 5 flights of stairs is easy, but we learned that going up multiple times a day is just too much exercise. the elevators are not far, but just not as convenient).

you still do get a view of illuminations from the 2nd and 3rd floors, as well as being able to watch people playing (i.e., losing;)) the carny games as well as seeing up close the awe and envy in people's faces as they wonder how you became so fortunate to have such a view, but simply, lluminations is more limited.

for a first timer (actually, for the first few trips), i would definately recommend requesting upper floor. if you can use stairs (are sans strollers, scooters, wheelchairs, knee/leg problems), the 2nd floor has some wonderful amenities all it's own.

have a wonderful trip:)

Hi Laurie!

This is great - I was actually thinking I should go run and grab LSchrow for advice. Since you are the only reason that I actually know my room number from that stay. :rotfl2: :rolleyes1

What do you have planned?

Rick, what did you get? Curious now.

I had the 4th floor room with the setback balcony under the arch. It was a 1 bedroom, I think it may have been 4011. The door from the living room did not open, the only way to get on the balcony was from the bedroom. Not my favorite.
We were on the top floor, one bedroom, right above you!! And it was terrific. Funny how just one floor makes such a difference.We had one long balcony....doors from both the living room and master. Loved that villa!!!

And now??? My dd and her two friends just told me they are in 2029...enclosed balcony, right across from the basketball game!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter