BWV Boardwalk view!

We had a room in about that same place this last summer and we were okay with it. We had a little one with us and to be honest, we liked that she had to have someone out there with her to "see".

Of course, we were not interested in sitting but rather standing, enjoying a beverage or two and watching the goings on, so for us, it worked out okay. We had 9 people in our group so having the extra big balcony worked out in our favor.

But, everyone has different wants and needs and I am glad they were able to move you at least part way through your trip.

I just got back from BWV. I had room 5013 (5015 has the same configuration) and it has the high wall. The balcony was very narrow and with walls on three sides it was like being in a stockade. I usually spend a lot of time on the balcony but not on this trip. You can't see anything but walls, walls and more walls. I think I'll go back to standard view. I've never had a view as bad as this so called boardwalk view room in a std view.

We have had a standard view studio a couple of times. They overlooked the entrance/driveway. The first time the view was great - people-watching was a pleasure. I cannot remember which floor we had but I have a feeling it was the first floor. The second time I can definitely recall having a first floor because we had a view of bushes. So no sitting on the patio with our breakfast that time.

I was looking at these rooms on our way up to the lobby from the car park. There seems to be a lot of trees which have planted in close proximity to the building, particularly that part of the building which is about one third of the total length away from the check-in area right to the end of the building going left as I was looking at it. These trees are the full height of the building. Who in their right mind designed that - a rhetorical question and not one to which I am expecting an answer!

If we were able to attend the annual meeting that I think should be coming up in December, I would be raising the issue of trees and bushes. The same thing happened to our DD. They had booked SSR for two weeks for a visit last month. A first floor room in the Springs had been requested as they had stayed in one before and had a wonderful view of grass, a lake and a fountain. As they have a young child who went to bed before they did, they liked to sit out on the patio in the evenings enjoying a bit of a tipple and some grown-up conversation. They were granted their wish and had a view of ..... a big bush/tree which was growing right up to the patio boundary.

Again it makes me wonder whether DVC planners were wearing their thinking heads when the landscaping was planned.

we had a studio over BRG in may (room 2031), and again, the same room last month.
we LOVED it.!! we have stayed in all the studios ending in ..29 and ..31. the views from the high floors are great, but it is a been there, done that sort of thing (we've about 1000 pix from those balconies - we don't need any more:)).
the 2nd floor was fabulous though :banana: the balcony is HUGE - about 50% larger than the higher floors (the table and 2 chairs barely put a dent in the space, whereas on the upper floors, we were had to constantly move them if there were just 2 of us out there:headache:), LOVED the short hop-and-skip up and down one flight (down isn't bad on any stairs, but going up 5 flights is very tiring and inconvenient), the privacy was wonderful especially for someone like myself, who enjoys morning coffee or a nightcap in their jammies on the balcony.
the view was wonderful, but different. instead of great views of illuminations, we had great views of the boardwalk itself with all the fun activities there. many a night, we would check to see if BRG was crowded before we went to eat, if a ferry had just left to reduce our waits, watch the games and cheer on winners, catch a street performer, etc.
i used to only request upper floor, but i think we have come to enjoy the 2nd floor more than any other :cloud9: (for a first-timer, i would probably still recommend the 4th or 5th floors, but for thoe who go fairly often, i think the 2nd has a lot to offer. alas, the 3rd has just too little of a view with the small balcony - not enough of the best attributes of each of the other floors - to be a favorite).
:)

we had a studio over BRG in may (room 2031), and again, the same room last month.
we LOVED it.!! we have stayed in all the studios ending in ..29 and ..31. the views from the high floors are great, but it is a been there, done that sort of thing (we've about 1000 pix from those balconies - we don't need any more:)).
the 2nd floor was fabulous though :banana: the balcony is HUGE - about 50% larger than the higher floors (the table and 2 chairs barely put a dent in the space, whereas on the upper floors, we were had to constantly move them if there were just 2 of us out there:headache:), LOVED the short hop-and-skip up and down one flight (down isn't bad on any stairs, but going up 5 flights is very tiring and inconvenient), the privacy was wonderful especially for someone like myself, who enjoys morning coffee or a nightcap in their jammies on the balcony.
the view was wonderful, but different. instead of great views of illuminations, we had great views of the boardwalk itself with all the fun activities there. many a night, we would check to see if BRG was crowded before we went to eat, if a ferry had just left to reduce our waits, watch the games and cheer on winners, catch a street performer, etc.
i used to only request upper floor, but i think we have come to enjoy the 2nd floor more than any other :cloud9: (for a first-timer, i would probably still recommend the 4th or 5th floors, but for thoe who go fairly often, i think the 2nd has a lot to offer. alas, the 3rd has just too little of a view with the small balcony - not enough of the best attributes of each of the other floors - to be a favorite).
:)

We've had those rooms as a two bedroom lockoff. They are nice. Balconies are huge. And I'm more of a fan myself of "convenience" over "view." One or two flights of stairs is fine, I'm not fond of four ... and I love the stairs as a shortcut over BWVs elevators.

There is a room that is similar like this on the Boardwalk Inn side. Room #4223 which is a Standard Club Level Room that happens to come with a Boardwalk view, however the left side of the view is blocked because of the Boardwalk Bakery roof. Although it didn't bother me because I could still see directly across Cresent Lake and I could look towards the right side by the ESPN Club and the walkway to Epcot. Anyway here is a picture of exactly where that room is located so you can see what I am talking about, along with another picture of what the view looked like.

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

We had one of those second floor rooms once and love the balcony. Yes there's a wall instead of a railing so you have to stand to enjoy the view but the privacy is great.

Best balcony was my 5th floor 2 bedroom one. It was big like the 2nd floor ones but had the railing. We loved it!
floridadisney2009057.jpg

We had this same balcony on the 3rd floor right above the restaurant. Loved it! We had a one bedroom and the balcony was big enough that we could have had a party out there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter