BWV and ROFR

mousefansmom

DIS Veteran
I just bought 150 points at SSR today. Finally I am a dvc member!!!! I also want to get 100-150 points at BWV or BCV. The guide I worked with said that Disney has not been letting ANY BWV resales get past them, and hasn't for awhile. Also, she said that waitlisting was just about useless. Can anyone prove her wrong--Anyone buy BWV resale lately, and if you don't mind, what was the cost pp? (pm me if you'd prefer).

Mousefansmom:wave2:

I dont know the answer, but I'd get on the wait list with your guidel first. Then I'd call Jaki at atimeshare.com and ask her her experiences lately. I found her to be very knowledgable and firthcomming with that kind of info.

I can answer that! Just got word our BWV resale passed ROFR -
170 points at $70 per point. (And it took only 10 days!)

Ahhh... I can breathe again.

Thanks for the reply! Congratulations!

Anyone else, or is this an isolated incident?

Originally posted by sunan
I can answer that! Just got word our BWV resale passed ROFR -
170 points at $70 per point. (And it took only 10 days!)

Ahhh... I can breathe again.

We past ROFR in Dec, for 150 BWV points, it took less than 2 weeks. $72.00 per point, Aug use year. All 2003 points, plus 150 coming in Aug.

Also, my brother bought BWV last May, 200 pts.. (don't know price per point), his 1st attempt was a cheap per point and didn't pass, this 200 pt contract past....took exactly 30 days he said!

Hope this was helpful!

I noticed on the timeshare board that it is hard to find good BWV contracts right now. Alot of them have hardly any available points, or only a few coming this use year (owners borrowed alot). We haven't seen a contract with the pluses we got since we bid on it Oct 31., and I look alot for fun!

Good luck!

PS.....I think the guides will say anything to streer you away from resale and get you to buy SSR. I think they told hubby we probably wouldn't pass ROFR....but we did and quick!

Jennifer

You've got a dishonest DVC salesrep.

We completed a BWV resale purchase last month at $71 per point. There are many people on these boards who have successfully purchased resales at reasonable prices in the past few months, including BWV, BCV, and VWL. The going resale rates for BWV and VWL is in the low $70s and BCV points sell for a few dollars more. Disney's ROFR point appears to be in the mid $60s.

If you really want to purchase through Disney, you could try pushing them by saying you really want to join DVC, but don't like the SSR location -- and for $20,000, you're not going to "settle" for something less than your ideal.

However, you should also take a look at the resale brokers. Take a look at their sites and give them a call. Many of their best properties are sold before they even get listed on the web. You want to look for units with "banked" points and steer clear of units missing the current or next year points.

http://www.dvc-resales.com/
http://www.dvcbyresale.com/
http://www.reid4florida.com/disney_hot_buys.htm
http://www.atimeshare.com/disney/

We also bought BWV resale, Oct. use year. Closed in December 2003. 150 points, 32 banked from 2002, all 2003 and 2004. Paid $71/point. We paid closing.

Last April we bought 100 BWV points from Disney from a waitlist, but that was right after they had released new points from changes in DVC office area. I would not rule out a waitlist.

Your rep. doesn't even make sense. If Disney were buying up all BWV contracts, then they would be filling waitlist requests with them, so you would have a good chance on a waitlist.

I'm with Jeff... do your homework, call the resale brokers. You'll find what you're looking for.

That's exactly what I told her. It didn't make sense to me either. I hate being lied to, especially when there is money involved. I understand that salespeople need to make a buck, but you'd think they would do better with honesty and sincerity. Well, regardless, I am very excited to own at SSR, the perfect BWV will come along, I will just need to be patient.
Thanks, everyone!

Your rep. doesn't even make sense. If Disney were buying up all BWV contracts, then they would be filling waitlist requests with them, so you would have a good chance on a waitlist. [/B]

Originally posted by mousefansmom
I just bought 150 points at SSR today. Finally I am a dvc member!!!! I also want to get 100-150 points at BWV or BCV. The guide I worked with said that Disney has not been letting ANY BWV resales get past them, and hasn't for awhile. Also, she said that waitlisting was just about useless. Can anyone prove her wrong--Anyone buy BWV resale lately, and if you don't mind, what was the cost pp? (pm me if you'd prefer).

Mousefansmom:wave2:
More timeshare sales BS. It sure seems that the sales staff at DVC has been slipping lately on the honesty scale.

Originally posted by Dean
More timeshare sales BS. It sure seems that the sales staff at DVC has been slipping lately on the honesty scale.
I am sad to say, I was thinking the same thing.:(

Originally posted by BWVDee
I am sad to say, I was thinking the same thing.:(
It's probably only one or two guides and not the entre group but I hate to see it.

I just closed on a resale for 600 points for BWV at $70 a point. I was told by the resale agent that DVC were exercising their option to buy on anything that was below $70. Hope that helps.

helps.:earsgirl:

As an FYI, I was told by DVC that if anything at BWV were available, that it would be sold at $84 per point.

From our standpoint, the benefits of buying via Disney rather than resale would be:

* Can finance with them (althought at a high-ish rate)
* No worrying about ROFR
* No closing costs

Am I missing anything else? Is there any other reason to purchase BWV via Disney rather than resale?

Thanks!

Originally posted by CarnotaurDad
As an FYI, I was told by DVC that if anything at BWV were available, that it would be sold at $84 per point.

From our standpoint, the benefits of buying via Disney rather than resale would be:

* Can finance with them (althought at a high-ish rate)
* No worrying about ROFR
* No closing costs

Am I missing anything else? Is there any other reason to purchase BWV via Disney rather than resale?

Thanks!

You will be able to make reservations much sooner - as soon as you sign the papers and give them your deposit. With a resale, you will have to wait a week or so after the closing to give DVC time to get your info into the DVC computer.

You may get a gift (litho, pin, tote bag/back pack).

Neither of these would be very important to me, but may to someone else.

The bulk of the contracts I am seeing up for resale are stripped, that is no points available in current year, and most with very few in the coming year.

Heck, I can buy a stripped VB add-on directly from my most excellent DVC guide for $69 a point (Magical Beginnings). For $74 a point I can get VB with this year's points, even. So a small resale of a stripped contract for $64 a point is gonna be more trouble than it's worth after closing costs.

The resale deals are looking a little better at the WDW resorts, and if I were buying de novo right now, I think I would do resale for my main contract, if only for the variety of resorts offfered. Too many of them have no points this year or next tho, which would be a worse deal (IMO) than the $84 a point DVC mgmt is offering. I am reluctant to incur the closing costs for a stripped contract, and sure as heck would not want to be stuck paying maintenence fees on a contract where the previous owner had used all the points (not without $$ compensation at least).
pirate:
When I calculate for comparison, I add the $500 closing costs and generally add $10 for every point missing from upcoming year (or subtract the equivalent for banked points); then divide the asking price plus additions (subtractions) by the number of points to come up with a number to compare with the DVC number ($84 for WDW resorts) . I am sure the resale brokers do something similar when helping sellers set an asking price.

Another advantage to buying directly from DVC is that they harmonize your Use Years, so you don't have several to juggle (thos Caskbill's program helps with this no doubt). Even tho I hate my current February UY, since we tend to vacation between October and April, I think I will aim for the same UY for any add-ons, just for ease of management.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter