• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWPPI vs Park Vue

For anyone driving and expecting to arrive before check-in, one thing to know is BWPPI is very strict (due to space limitations) about not letting you park you car until 1 p.m. the day you check-in. However, you can then leave your car parked until 3 p.m. the day you check out. I don't know how it's handled at Park Vue and it may not be an issue for many guests. But I ended up not staying at BWPPI because we needed a place to leave our car starting early in the morning before check-in.

But I ended up not staying at BWPPI because we needed a place to leave our car starting early in the morning before check-in.
It’s been a while since I stayed at Park Vue but i agree with the above and I’ve always been asked if I have a car to park when arriving in the morning. They’re on a much bigger plot of land so the parking lot is bigger and not as big an issue as BWPPI. It’s one thing which is what I think makes it a better choice than BWPPI.
All the best

I just heard that Park Vue Inn has switched to a continental only breakfast. No hot items. This may sway a choice...
They are both our favourite location. We’ve stayed in several others but prefer this location for the price

Park Vue has definitely switched to continental breakfast only..... we are here now. However, given the fact that they let you park early on the day you check in and all day on check out day, it’s still a better fit for us than BW.

I stayed at the Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn this past January and very much enjoyed it. The rooms were newly renovated, super clean, breakfast was good, and you really can't beat the location.

Awesome, thanks for sharing your opinion!

So, since I booked BWPPI and then Park Vue for the exact same days in March, I took a look at both of my confirmations to see how the prices broke down and to make sure I really was saving. Park Vue DOES have a resort fee. It says it clear as day in the email confirmation - "Taxes and fees per night include a 17% city occupancy tax and an $11.70 per night resort fee." However, when I booked the room, the taxes and resort fee were already included in the total price, so no surprises and I'm still saving a pretty decent sum.

Here's how it breaks down for five nights in March 2020.

BWPPI:
Average daily rate = $253
Total five nights = $1265
17% occupancy tax = $215.05
TOTAL STAY BWPPI = $1480.05

Park Vue:
Average daily rate = $215
Total five nights = $1075
17% occupancy tax = $182.75
Resort fee x 5 nights = $58.50
TOTAL STAY PARK VUE = $1316.25

Savings = $163.80

The Park Vue confirmation email says that the resort fee covers parking, breakfast, access to the pool and fitness center, and wi-fi. The reality is that you are paying for this at BWPPI also, it's just that they build it into the room rate rather than adding it on as a fee.

If both hotels look good to you and you want whichever is cheaper, I'd take both all the way to the "confirm booking" page and see which one is less. BWPPI is cancellable up until 72 hours before your stay, and Park Vue is cancellable up until 48 hours before your stay, so as long as you aren't traveling within the next three days, you could actually book both and then choose.

The reason that PVI codes it as a "RESORT FEE" is that then you don't pay the occupancy tax on it. So if they wanted to net the $11.70 per night on your stay you would actually end up paying $13.69/night if they just added the $11.70 to the room rate.

It is a bit of a tricky move by the hotel but it does save you cash in the end and the price on their website includes it so you always know what you are going to pay.

Reactions: EmJ
We just had a four night stay at BWPPI and loved it. We were on the second floor close to the driveway to the parking area and found it to be generally very quiet. Occasional truck noise, but there was surprisingly little noise from other guests for being a motel. It's above a five minute walk from the hotel to security, which makes it easy to change or drop off souvenirs midday. The staff was very friendly and happy to store bags. They give you tags which made us feel very comfortable leaving our valuables in our luggage behind the desk.

The reviews are pretty bad for the breakfast next door, but we didn't mind it. Cereal, Chobani yogurt, oatmeal packets, typical continental breakfast pastries, etc. The best part was the build your own breakfast sandwiches, which is what we had every morning. They have bagels and english muffins, a few types of sausage patties and ham, and normal egg or egg white patties along with Kraft cheese slices. Since this is pretty much what you get for $4-5 at McDonalds down the street, we were happy to enjoy these before hitting the parks in the morning. It's not gourmet but certainly not as bad as what reviews led me to believe.

The rates are pretty high (we paid almost $250 a night after fees, with a corporate discount) but the location is unbeatable and the rooms are very clean. The beds are comfy and there were extra blankets in the room. The AC is loud but cools the room down fast and has a constant fan noise, so it helped drown out street noises. I've stayed at the Hyatt House before, which is a lot nicer, but the BWPPI is a lot more convenient if you're doing multiple long days in the park. If you have kids, I think this is the place to be. We didn't use the pool or the parking, so I can't speak for that.

QUOTE="laugard, post: 60858116, member: 648605"]
For anyone driving and expecting to arrive before check-in, one thing to know is BWPPI is very strict (due to space limitations) about not letting you park you car until 1 p.m. the day you check-in. However, you can then leave your car parked until 3 p.m. the day you check out. I don't know how it's handled at Park Vue and it may not be an issue for many guests. But I ended up not staying at BWPPI because we needed a place to leave our car starting early in the morning before check-in.
[/QUOTE]
I wonder if this depends on how busy they are and/or how early in the morning you arrive. We arrived around 10:30 one morning last month. Our room wasn't ready, but we had no problem leaving our car.

We've stayed at both of these hotels many times and honestly, I just recommend staying at which ever one is cheapest. Lately for us, that has been PVI because we call them directly and because we've stayed with them many times, we get a great rate.
That is unless a pool is important. If so, the PVI is better hands down.

I wonder if this depends on how busy they are and/or how early in the morning you arrive. We arrived around 10:30 one morning last month. Our room wasn't ready, but we had no problem leaving our car.

That's interesting. I'm glad it worked out for you. I wonder if they weren't as busy as expected and were willing to be flexible. I just know when I made my reservation I got a follow up email asking if I was planning to park a car and if so, that I wouldn't be able to park until 1 p.m. Then as the reservation got closer, I received an email reminder/confirmation which reiterated the parking policy and time restriction (along with the $10 charge). I also read reviews on some hotel sites from guests who had to pay to park elsewhere because they arrived before the stated time. Based on that, I didn't feel it was worth the risk to arrive early, only be turned away. We ended up staying at Candy Cane Inn. When I called to ask if parking before check-in would be ok, they said as long as there were empty spots, of course. And parking was free!

We've gotten the same emails whenever we've booked the BWPPI, but we figured we would check in and if we weren't able to park there, we would park at the Toy Story lot or Friends structure for the day.

Park Vue will let you park anytime on the day of arrival and leave the car until you leave on departure day (I don't know if they maybe check after midnight, but I doubt it). I've verified this over phone and email with them at least twice, and the last time we stayed there we arrived at 8am on check in day (room was obviously not ready, we picked the key up at 11pm) and didn't leave until 10pm on check out day (we checked out before going to the parks in the morning).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter