• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BWC or Dolphin

mommie2angels

<font color=blue>Would you like to be in the pictu
We have two daughters in wheelchairs. Which resort would you recommend? Dolphin or Boardwalk? Also could someone please steer me in the right direction to understand buying points for the Boardwalk stays? Thanks in advance for your help!!!

I can't help with resort info, but I can about obtaining points.

On the main Dis Discussion Forum page, in the second column, there is Disney Vacation Club Forum. If you want to rent points from a member, there is a forum with that info. If you want to buy points and join the Disney Vacation Club (DVC), there is a FAQ on that, also.

Members of the DVC know the resorts in alot of detail, so a question posted there might help.

I would would recomend the Dolphin over the Boardwalk for the following reasons.

1) Starwood is more service oriented then Disney and will go out of there way to make sure your room meets your needs.

2) There are resturants right in the bldg that offer character meals, at the Boardwalk you have to go out of the bldg and onto the Boardwalk to get to the gift shop, resturant, etc. and no character meals.

3) The slide at the pool at the Boardwalk is not accessable and the Dolphin has a sand beach area

4) The bathroom in the accessable rooms at the Boardwalk is very tight around the toliet area, better lay out at Dolphin.

5) Rooms seem a little larger at Boardwalk but the beds are very uncomfortable.

Just a note: you can request a room with a roll in shower at the Dolphin but the Swan does not have roll in showers.

We have stayed at the Dolphin 3 times and once at the Boardwalk. Even my 7 year old said, can we stay at the Dolphin next time and she loved the slide at the Boardwalk pool.

For reference I am a T5 para mom in a manuel wheelchair.

If I can answer any questions please feel free to email me at Rtravel@aol.com

Have a great trip.
Jeannie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter