BW Surrey Bike Rental ?'s

MinnieGi

DVC/BWV
This is our first time staying at BWV and we plan on renting a surrey bike on afternoon. Could someone tell me how much they rent for? How many seats are on the bike. And also how long of an area do you have to pedal around, is it just limited to the actual boardwalk area or can we ride it around further?

Thanks so much!
Gi

We rented these last year, but I can't remember the price, it varies by the size. You can ride the big circle that goes by the Yacht & Beach Club and Swan & Dolphin. Here's the info I found on wdwig.

The Surrey Bikes are rented by the half hour right on the Boardwalk. Prices vary. Available for rent 2-Seaters, 4-Seaters and Grand Surrey 6-seaters. The Rental Counter is open from approximately 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.

We also rented last year.

My MIL, myself and my 2 children. They made the kids sit in the front basket. My DS was slightly too big and kept getting hit in the head by something-a bell or a brake.

We made the loop around by BC/YC.

It was tough. A CM was walking by and he pushed us up one hill because we were laughing and couldn't get the strength up to go on. :D

I believe if you go the whole loop it is something like 1.5 miles.
One of the funniest things is sitting out on a BWV balcony or on the boardwalk and watching the surrey bikes attempt to go over the 2 bridges especially the one near S&D. Many people have to get out and push, it is a riot!
The surrey bikes are a lot of fun and I guarantee you will have a lot of laughs but be prepared for a workout!

I also don't know the price, but we tried it once with our granddaughter in the front and it was very difficult up those hills.

You cannot take the bikes off the loop around the lake and you can only go in one direction (towards epcot from the BW).

And, the information I have read on walking paths said the loop around the lake is .8 miles.

Don't hold me to this; but I think I remember paying $15 per 1/2 hour and that was 2 years ago.

The bike is affordable - rent for the minimum amount of time. we fit 2 adults and 3 kids on the bike. Two up front and 3 in the seats. You only go one way in circles and you have to dodge the pedestrians.

Get up to speed before the bridges. My wife and I are in great shape and did many laps for exercise. It is fun, but not nearly as fun as a beach boardwalk that is flat.

On our trip to BWI we rented a surrey bike the first night as the sun was setting. It was a beautiful trip around the lake. I believe it was about $20-25 for the two-seater for 1/2 an hour.

With the two-seater, it's quite a workout going around the entire loop, so make sure you're ready for the exercise! At one point going uphill, I thought we weren't going to make it! It was really a lot of fun though and absolutely beautiful on a clear evening.

We took this photo in March, but when we were there last month, I'm pretty sure I saw the same prices.

photo

Thanks for all the info!

I've never been in the Epcot Resort Area so I was surprised to hear of "hills." Are the hills on the bridges only and the rest flat?

Do you think its easier with more people? We have both grandparents going so we could definetly get a 6 seater.

You can also rent them at OKW. It's flatter and you can ride all around the resort. I also think it's cheaper. I'd rather do it at OKW than the BW.

you have to dodge the pedestrians.

Actually, it's the pedestrians who are dodging the surrey bikes. It's deadly for the pedestrians when you get riders who think they have the right of way. I hate the riders who ding-ding-ding at you expecting you to get out of their way and not vice versa.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter