Buying tickets through AAA

MomtoGKC

DIS Veteran
Does anybody know if I buy tickets online through AAA are they actual tickets or just vouchers? What about it I go to a AAA office? I am taking my daughter and her friends up this weekend and don't want them to have to deal with waiting in the ticket window lines if I can avoid it.

Also - if we wanted to upgrade a 2 day ticket to a longer ticket is it like Disney where you would have to use those days right away or do they last longer?

Thank you!!

Just like calling Disney, I was worried I might not get the right answer when I called AAA - was hoping someone here might have experience. Turns out I was right, they gave me the wrong information. In case anyone sees this when looking for information here is what I found out.

I called and asked if I bought the tickets online or in the office would I be getting tickets or vouchers. She told me either way I did it I would get actual tickets. The office isn't that close to me so I just ordered online - all I got was a receipt that I have to take to the ticket window to get the tickets. (If I was out of state I believe I could go to a will call kiosk, but because we are getting FL resident tickets we now have to go to the ticket window) Not the end of the world but I was hoping to send the kids over to the park while I stayed at the hotel since i am not going in the parks this time. Can't do that now because the person whose name is on the credit card has to be at the window.

I'am not sure if they are still doing this or not, but if you purchased your tickets from AAA they would give you a printed sheet that was proof you had purchased your tickets from them and it allowed you to save up to 10% on food at some restaurants in the park and CityWalk except in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley.

Also you could show your AAA card and that sheet to get discounts on merchandise. It was 10% if you spent $ 50.00 and if I remember 15% for $ 75.00. So we looked around for all the things everyone wanted and bought them at the Universal store inside IOA. That was a significant savings as we bought quite a bit.

There was no AAA discount on food and merchandise in The Potter parks, but that wasn't a big deal because you can buy the wands and lots of other Potter merchandise in the big Universal stores inside UNIVERSAL, IOA and Citywalk.

Yes all flo residents need to show proof of residency so that is why you were told that since you did the transaction on line

Should be easy peasy to exchange the slip for the tickets

I've never had much of a wait to get tickets at the front of the park, not like Disney. There's like a section off to the side, I think off to the right in US.

I was hoping for real tickets too, but when I purchased a couple of months ago I was given paper vouchers. I was told i should be able to convert these to tickets at the hotel (Royal Pacific) when we check in (although perhaps at another desk...or kiosk?)

It can be done at the attractions desk in the lobby at rpr
I have used them before to exchange paper for tickets for special events in the park

I've never had much of a wait to get tickets at the front of the park, not like Disney. There's like a section off to the side, I think off to the right in US.

Really? I'm getting a little worried about this. We bought our tickets through ParkSavers.com, and we all just got a voucher that we have to redeem at the ticket windows. We're going on a Sunday in early May when crowd levels are predicted to be 3 out of 10. I was already planning to arrive 30 mins before US opens, but now I'm wondering if we should arrive even earlier to allow for the ticket window times. Although I guess that one person out of our group of 8 could go take everyone's vouchers to the ticket window while everyone else stands in the line to get in the park?

Really? I'm getting a little worried about this. We bought our tickets through ParkSavers.com, and we all just got a voucher that we have to redeem at the ticket windows. We're going on a Sunday in early May when crowd levels are predicted to be 3 out of 10. I was already planning to arrive 30 mins before US opens, but now I'm wondering if we should arrive even earlier to allow for the ticket window times. Although I guess that one person out of our group of 8 could go take everyone's vouchers to the ticket window while everyone else stands in the line to get in the park?

We got in the day before and did it that night. Line was backed up, maybe thirty people. We were done in under twenty minutes.

So, my friend's mom was gonna pay for our Universal trip. But since she's not coming with us, I take it that means we won't be able to use her AAA membership for any discounts? Is that correct?

Yes. A couple of years ago when I bought tickets from AAA i had to show my AAA card and the discount sheet I got from them to get my discount on merchandise at the Universal store in CityWalk and Islands Trading in IOA.

The friends mom can get a add on membership to AAA for their child at a reduced cost. Might be worth it for the savings.

Yes. A couple of years ago when I bought tickets from AAA i had to show my AAA card and the discount sheet I got from them to get my discount on merchandise at the Universal store in CityWalk and Islands Trading in IOA.

The friends mom can get a add on membership to AAA for their child at a reduced cost. Might be worth it for the savings.

I think my friend does have some sort of benefit thing with AAA but I'll have to inquire.

OP Our local AAA office (PA) sells both U & WDW tickets in the office that are actual tickets.

Before visiting one to purchase, i suggest calling to make sure they are in stock.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter