Buying tickets on ebay...

becca011906

DIS Veteran
Ok is this a good idea or not??? Me and dh are having a hard time with this idea even with people who have good feed back... what are you thoughs?

I personally wouldn't do it for the fear of something going wrong. You never know if they are tellling you the truth about how many days are left, etc...

I still have 3 days left on my daughters ticket from 2003 and wouldn't even sell them on ebay.

I wouldn't do it. I read a post years ago about a person who got there and discovered her tickets were worthless. All they had left was the "plus options".

Also the new MYW tickets are coded to you once you use them. So when your biometrics don't match they will ask for an ID and guess what... it's not the same person.

Don't do it. You can't verify how many days are left on them. Same as buying them at the kiosks all over orlando. Most of the time they;'re a hoax.

ok good i just couldn't believe the numbers of them that seem to have sold with the feedback statements anyways.

I purchased off ebay from a guy (vacationpros4u)and they worked beautifully purchased them like 3 months from time we were going and they were great when down there we looked the guy up at his lobby and thanked him personally.
4 adult 2 day Disney World park hopper plus Disney Quest/pleasure Island tickets. $133.00

I looked up vacationpros4u and his tickets are:
2 day park hopper w/ 1 plus: adult $135 child $115
3 day park hopper w/ 1 plus: adult $190 child $160

The plus is for 1 day at PI or DQ.

Undercovertourist hass 3 day magic plus $225/$190, but w/ the plus you can also go to the water parks. BUT, it did not include park hopping. HMMM.... I think I'm getting more confused! :confused3

I've sold leftover Universal Tix on eBay, and will be again after the next trip in May. We want to be able to hop, and you have to buy two days to get the hopping feature. It usually sells for a tad more than half price. Everyone is happy!
Has anyone actually bought the old hoppers (you can't sell the new one's I know) and they were no good? Or is this another one of those my sister's cousin's best friends boyfriends mom, type of deals? I have heard people say they have been behind someone in line who had a problem (I was behind someone who tried to get in, and couldn't..but we saw someone hand them tickets on the side, after the hander outer had already gone it..and they didn't have a hand stamp, so it was a no go), but since we don't know if they bought those from a high feedback person on eBay or a street corner, I'd rather not count them.

I know of 2 different groups that got taken by the ticket thing- One set of tickets were a Military ticket that was part of some promotion and had an expiration date that wasnt on the ticket itself so when they went to use them they were invalid- So not only did they have expired tickets they had ones that stated for military use only...

The other group (neighbors who were disney novices..) has bought WDW hoppers that between the 5 tickets had only 1 valid day on them. Talk about rock and hard place- You are out the $$$ you already spent on the tickets and vacation then your there and need new tickets...

Personally I would never buy tickets on ebay- its not worth the chance...

I purchased mine from a seller on ebay- she said she got them from a friend who works for Disney. They were brand new and came to me straight from Disney on Disney letterhead and all, with my name and info on them. I haven't used them yet, but they look good to me.

I've sold leftover tickets, and Q&C vouchers, on E Bay twice and promise they were good :teeth:
I'm hanging onto the last lot though ;)
Alison
:cheer2:

halld6479 said:
..... 4 adult 2 day Disney World park hopper plus Disney Quest/pleasure Island tickets. $133.00

I have not looked lately, but I have never seen any that cheap. Maybe that much apiece. And since you cannot tell if they are good, you are at their mercy. You will have no recourse if they are not any good.

There is no way to tell if the tickets are valid or if they have ANY days left on them until you get to WDW. So, you could be out a lot of money by purchasing from EBAY. Personally, I would purchase from undercovertourist or ticketmania.

Feedback or not, DO NOT buy tickets from eBay. It's a bad idea. The seller may decide to skip town and send you "bad" tickets even though others are "good".

There are enough offical sources for tickets. Buy real tickets. Even if it is a remote possibility, do you want to be standing at the gates of the Happiest Place on Earth and be told (in front of your family and other guests) that your trying to get in on bad tickets?

Not worth the risk. Cut corners on other parts of your trip - don't mess with tickets.

Just my (not so humble) advice. :)

N.E.D.

They tend to sell for more on E Bay anyway.
I know,when I've sold, I've been amazed as it's been to US buyers who could get cheaper from the ticket brokers!
We tend to pay more by buying from UK ticket agents but, knowing where to look online, changes things.

ryan840 said:
I purchased mine from a seller on ebay- she said she got them from a friend who works for Disney. They were brand new and came to me straight from Disney on Disney letterhead and all, with my name and info on them. I haven't used them yet, but they look good to me.

I'd be afraid. JMHO. That is so not the way that things are done at Disney. Things are very easy to fake now days as long as you have a good computer. If they are real and the CM that did it gets caught, they won't be a CM any longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter