Buying tickets in Canada

calena

<font color=red>BL II - Red Team<br> <font color=g
Has anyone else bought the MYW tickets here at the Disney Store? That is what we did last year because we didn't pay the tax or worry about the exchange and we knew that expense was taken care of in advance. I'm thinking of doing this again this year. The rate I have for a base ticket for five days is $252 cdn for an adult, $202 cdn for a child. In the US it is $198 for adult and $159 a kid at Maple Leaf, so when you do the exchange, it is about the same. Maybe about 9 bucks cheaper for the kids and a buck cheaper for the adults at Maple Leaf.
I also "bought" two tickets using my Air Miles. Hubby was NOT impressed, but I figured the Air Miles are sitting there and we want the tickets so I might as well use them. I also booked our car through Air Miles. He did like that idea!
I sort of like the idea of having the tickets in my hot little hands now!
I am thinking of the five or seven day passes, and then upgrading to the no expiry when we are down there. I think we will "do" Disney for three days this trip. Then Universal and relax!

Hi there,

I haven't bought my tickets here yet, but I am planning to for my upcoming trip. I also figured that it worked out about the same, but it's always nice to be able to pay for things ahead of time and in Cdn funds.

Have a great trip! :flower1:

I had no idea you could buy WDW tickets at a Disney store in Canada. Would the price work out any cheaper then buying them once you at at WDW?

Thank you

Suzy V

We ordered ours two months ago through Mapleleaftickets.com We won't leave until Dec. but now I can concentrate on paying off the resort fees so we'll only need to worry about food and extras. It is always cheaper to buy in advance, even through Disney directly.

riu girl said:
I had no idea you could buy WDW tickets at a Disney store in Canada. Would the price work out any cheaper then buying them once you at at WDW?

The Disney Store price is set at the Disney advance purchase price. Any savings you might realize by purchasing in Canada would come from exchange rate fluctuations. As well, I have heard that Canadian purchasers do not pay the Florida state tax -- but that has never been confirmed or denied.

I don't believe you will see any savings over purchasing from a ticket broker. The ticket broker prices have always been cheaper, in my experience. YMMV.

I would really look around and see what other prices are. Sometimes you can save buying in US$, you have to just check out all options. I've used Ticketmania before, and was very impressed with them. If you sign up for the newsletter from mousesavers.com, you can qualify for even better savings on some tickets (they are listed in the newsletter). I've heard some great things about Mapleleaf tickets too, and the name just makes me think of a Canadian thing too eh!LOL (had to add the "eh" LOL) If you have until December, you have time to look around. You might still be able to pick up some hopper passes through some of the ticket agents, just price out all options. Don't know how long they will honour the old hopper though. Something else to check out before you go that route. Planning is half the fun. It is also great to have things paid for well in advance, it doesn't hurt so much that way! LOL
:earsgirl: :earsboy: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce:

RoyalCanadian said:
The Disney Store price is set at the Disney advance purchase price. Any savings you might realize by purchasing in Canada would come from exchange rate fluctuations. As well, I have heard that Canadian purchasers do not pay the Florida state tax -- but that has never been confirmed or denied.

I don't believe you will see any savings over purchasing from a ticket broker. The ticket broker prices have always been cheaper, in my experience. YMMV.

The Unoffficial Guide to WDW states that the Canadian Disney Stores do not charge GST (nor, obviously, U.S. taxes) on park passes bought through them. This makes sense to me but obviously others on this board who have bought from a Canadian Disney Store should be able to confirm this. I would assume that this would also be the case for park passes bought through CAA.

So, if anyone is pricing out the cost of passes, you should factor in the differences in taxes in comparing the discounting.

CAA would probably be getting their tickets through a Canadian Wholesaler, so the tax situation might not be the same as the Disney Store. I'd be interested to find out though. Anybody know?

BLBCB said:
CAA would probably be getting their tickets through a Canadian Wholesaler, so the tax situation might not be the same as the Disney Store. I'd be interested to find out though. Anybody know?

Before WDW went to the MYW program, my Canadian travel agent was sourcing PHP passes for his clients from a Canadian wholesaler and he confirmed that GST would not be charged on the transaction. However, since the MYW program is so new and his previous wholesaler is no longer selling WDW passes, he is now trying to find a new Canadian wholesaler but the expectation is that there should still be no tax.

I am thinking of purchasing disney tickets through Ticketmania .....it is a savings of about 22.00 usd compared to ordering them online through the disney site.....advice from anyone would be good.....:flower: :Pinkbounc :cool1:

Hi

I am looking at the Canadian Disney Store pamplet for MYW. It states Florida state tax is included in the price. I guess it IS charged, but hidden.

Ken

No GST is charged, since park passes are neither a goods or service to be used in Canada, but as Ken mentioned, the Florida sales tax is collected, regardless of where the tickets are purchased.

Well, we finally bought our tickets! We decided on Ticketmania for Disney tickets. After crunching the numbers that was the best price. We have the seven day no expiry and here we go! Can't wait. I bought our Universal tickets at the Universal site when they had the kids free offer. One kid free per adult ticket purchased. It ended up being $383 for our family of five for five days at Universal... can't beat that deal anywhere. I don't want to type what it was for our family... basically about three times the price! YIKES, but it is worth it. Can't wait!

I also decided on purchasing my tickets through ticketmania....They were by far the best deal I could find.....Just ordered them on Monday....can't wait to get them......got 2 - 7 day premium, with expiry for $274.00 ea. and 1 - 7 day premium w/no expiry for 318.00 what a deal.......hoping to get them around the 28th Feb....

I've used Ticketmania twice in the last 6 months and they've been AWESOME. Tickets were waiting for me at check in. Lots of reading material come with them (I love to read info sheets, pamphlets and the such.. I'm a sucker for anything with words on it! hehe)..

I would HIGHLY recommend them.. they definitely have a customer for life in me!

I have 2 questions about Ticketmania:

1. Can you get 2-day base tickets from Ticketmania? My elderly parents don't want to do more than that. They just want to hang out at the resort most of the time.

2. Does Ticketmania deliver to Disney resorts with fee or without fee? We're staying at POR -- do they deliver there?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Good Morning !!!

First timer here, to the board and Disney. Someone mentioned that they got their base Disney passes with their Air miles and planed on upgrading when they got there. Can I upgrade at the Disney Store or upgrades can only be done at the park? Here is the situation, I plan on getting two base passes with air miles and purchasing two others.

J

c&m said:
I have 2 questions about Ticketmania:

1. Can you get 2-day base tickets from Ticketmania? My elderly parents don't want to do more than that. They just want to hang out at the resort most of the time.

2. Does Ticketmania deliver to Disney resorts with fee or without fee? We're staying at POR -- do they deliver there?

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Hi.
I don't believe ticketmania has 2 day tickets.

If you sign up for the MouseSavers news letter (www.mousesavers.com) there is a "special link" that takes you to a discounted pricing website for Ticketmania. It saves a few sheckles!.. plus I don't believe there is a huge savings between a 2 day and a 3 day pass. You're almost better off buying at the gate.
I purchased a 6 day expiry park hopping ticket from them a few weeks ago.. even though I didn't use the 6 days I was glad I had them. It was only a few dollars more for a 6 day than a 4 day (Like $3 difference!)

Ticketmania delivers for $5US to the resorts. A bargain if you ask me!

My travel agent quoted me 2 adult and 2 child 7d base tickets with no exp for $1326 cdn this is including tax, and a room at ASMovies for $1091.85 cdn including tax as well. I didn't think that was too bad. (We have a $100 vouchare for a mix up last Nov to put towards it so that's why I'm booking through my agent.) :earboy2:

Nibab4 -- I'm the one who purchased tickets with Airmiles. I will upgrade those at the park. I bought two with Airmiles and three at Ticketmania.
You can't upgrade at the Disney store, and they also don't sell the no-expiry ones.
Welcome to DIS boards. They are fun! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter