Buying park tickets online or once I get there?

Surfinpiratee

DIS Veteran
So kind of 2 questions.
First off, I'm not booking a package so I don't have to purchase tickets with my room.

Let's say I bought park tickets like, a week before we were leaving. They wouldn't get to my house in time, so what happens? Is there something I print? Or when I check in do I get the tickets?

Or is it okay to just buy tickets once I'm there?

If you won't have time to get your tickets in the mail before you leave I would purchase in Disney. The best option is if you are staying on property you can buy at the hotel. That way you avoid lines when arriving at the park. Plus you can head right in instead of watching all the others head to the attractions ahead of you!

So kind of 2 questions.
First off, I'm not booking a package so I don't have to purchase tickets with my room.

Let's say I bought park tickets like, a week before we were leaving. They wouldn't get to my house in time, so what happens? Is there something I print? Or when I check in do I get the tickets?

Or is it okay to just buy tickets once I'm there?

You can get your park tickets by calling resort reservations. They can add tickets to your trip without making it a package. They will link your tickets to your MDE account right away and then you can get your fp+ selections.This is what we did and the tickets appeared in our MDE account before I got off the phone. :)
If you order online then you have to link them yourselves which can be a real problem.

The other thing to do is to add the tickets when you check into your resort. That is what we used to do until they tempted us to buy early with promises of fp+. :)

To save a few bucks, purchase a couple of weeks before your trip from Undercover Tourist or another approved ticket broker. Shipping is free. Tickets are usually delivered in a few days. (I believe they ask you to give them 10 business days or something like that, but it has never taken that long for mine to arrive.)

That's guys! I felt like my questions didn't really make sense haha. So I could even call Disney like, the day before I leave for example, and have the tickets linked so when I check on theyll give me.the tickets?

That's guys! I felt like my questions didn't really make sense haha. So I could even call Disney like, the day before I leave for example, and have the tickets linked so when I check on theyll give me.the tickets?

The tickets are just attached to your KTTW card, aka, your room key. They never give you an actual "ticket". They are just on the room card. And the MagicBands will have your tickets, too. There won't be a separate ticket. :) It is all "in the cloud", not on paper. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter