• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

buying park tickets as a dvc member

SCFIREMAN

Jessica Rabbit fan
When my wife and I went to talk to the DVC sales team prior to our purchase we were told that if we buy park tickets we dont pay some 11% tax on the tickets because we own property in fl.Is that true? Are the tickets any cheaper as a DVC member even if it is only the taxes?

I only know of the $100 discount on APs...:surfweb: interested in hearing anything new or different.

When my wife and I went to talk to the DVC sales team prior to our purchase we were told that if we buy park tickets we dont pay some 11% tax on the tickets because we own property in fl.Is that true? Are the tickets any cheaper as a DVC member even if it is only the taxes?
The above is not accurate. DVC ownership does not constitute Florida residency as is specifically noted in our contract. However, as Vandy points out, DVC owners do currently enjoy a $100 discount on annual passes...which is much better than the 11% tax avoidance.

Annual pass pricing just increased so I no longer have the pertinent inforomation. I would just like to add that the current AP discount is not guaranteed, and should not be factored into your decision process as it could be discontinued at any time. I think Disney has offered some sort of admission ticket discount to DVC owners during the entire 16 years of DVC, but the form of the discount has changed dramatically several times.

If your guide told you this, you have found the DVC Idiot..... Florida Residents have to pay taxes on thier tickets. They do get a discount that as others pointed out we are not able to get. Our documents CLEARLY state that we are not Florida Residents just because we own DVC.

(I would call and ask for a guide with a CLUE!!!!)

If your guide told you this, you have found the DVC Idiot..... Florida Residents have to pay taxes on thier tickets. They do get a discount that as others pointed out we are not able to get. Our documents CLEARLY state that we are not Florida Residents just because we own DVC.

(I would call and ask for a guide with a CLUE!!!!)

Carol, I'm not sure there is only one. There might be more. :lmao:

The only tax we avoid as DVC members is that 11.5% (or whatever) tax on room rates at WDW. When you book a DVC resort with your points, there is no tax. Of course we do pay FL property tax on our ownership.

The tax on tickets is 6.5 % as WDW is spread out over two counties and yes, we have to pay the tax.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter