buying mobiles for contact in parks

iluvtot

DIS Veteran
Hiya,
I know this has been discussed before, but we are off next week and were planning to go to Walmart and get the Net10 phones recommended on here.
Yesterday, when I went on the Walmart website to show my SIL, they didn't have the LG 300 showing as available in store! Instead, they had the LG 600 which costs $49.88(300 minutes included), which works out quite a bit dearer if you are buying 3 like us! I was starting to panic a bit, but then I checked again today, and it is now showing the LG300 as only available online, with free delivery to a store. I'm going to try this option, but thought I should mention it on here for anyone with the same idea as us!:thumbsup2
Hope this info is useful.

Jules x

Hiya, can you tell me more about this phone?? How much is it, and how does it work?? We were gonna get walkie talkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks xx

Hiya, can you tell me more about this phone?? How much is it, and how does it work?? We were gonna get walkie talkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks xx

Hi,
I read up a bit on these, (there was a thread about a month or so ago) and these were the phones recommended. They are PAYG's and are $29.88 dollars each, but you get 300 free mins, plus a car charger, hands free headset and case.
The original post said they were available instore, but as I just said, when I checked yesterday, they weren't anymore! I have just ordered mine, and have put OKW down for delivery. I could've had them delivered free to a local store, but as we arrive on 24th, and they couldn't confirm del untill between 27/8 and 1/9, I decided to pay ($1.96!)
I rang OKW to check it was OK, and they gave me their address, and said I just had to have it addressed to the person on the booking, and quote the date of arrival. I had a bit of a problem paying with not being able to quote a state for the billing address, so I paid through paypal instead.
Hope this helps, but I'm sure someone who has these phones will be able to give you more info!:)

Jules x
BTW no charge by OKW for package:thumbsup2

Hi

Personally, I would just get a set of walkie talkies. Very cheap and you dont need to worry about numbers, top ups etc.

Again, this is my personal opinion and may save you a little bit of money ! :woohoo:

Hi, Do you have any recomendations for walkie talkies would i need to buy them over there or could i buy here and take with me? thanks

the problem most find with walkie talkies is that loads have them so you get alot of crossed lines

We have used walkie talkies the last few times we have gone but the last time was so frustrating we have decided to get rid of them and go for the Net10's. Even though there was something like 300 channels on them we always ended up with someone else yelling down them, constant static, people cutting us off when we were trying to speak etc.
We had also noticed that they weren't available in store and are planning on having them delivered to the Walmart near to us. :thumbsup2

We prefer Mobiles over WT for several reasons.

WT need a range to work and sometimes you may not be in the same park.
WT get crossed lines
WT, the person recieving has to be available, with Mobiles you can leave a message/text

Ive seen a NET 10 LG mobile for sale on EBAY. If i bought it would we be able to activate the phone when we arrive in Florida next Spring?
Im not sure how we would activate the phone, do we buy a SIM and credit like we do here? Wonder how much it would be to purchase a SIM to activate the phone?
They are selling the mobile for £10 :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter