Buying internet packages - who can use?

peacefrogdog

DIS Veteran
In the past, and for my sailing this December, when buying an internet package there are options to buy packages based on the number of people that can use at one time, but I can only select one person to credit the plan to.

For my July sailing however, there seems to be only option to select, and once selected I have to choose the specific passengers (up to four). The price then goes up for each person. For example , for my 5 night cruise selecting for one person costs $100, then $200 for two etc. See picture

Screen Shot 2021-10-15 at 8.03.30 PM.png

For this second option, does anyone know whether only the specific people I selected when making the reservation can use it? Or can any four people use the internet at a time, regardless of who I select when booking it?

Last edited:
For this second option, does anyone know whether only the specific people I selected when making the reservation can use it? Or can any four people use the internet at a time, regardless of who I select when booking it?
In our experience anybody can use it as long as no more than four devices are online at one time.

Select it for one person. Then anyone can use it as long as they have the code and only the number of devices you paid for are logged in at once.

Select it for one person. Then anyone can use it as long as they have the code and only the number of devices you paid for are logged in at once.

For my Dec 2021 cruise, it seems clear that I select the package for up to 4 people, but only select it under one name.
But the way it appears in my original post (see above) , there is only one internet surf and stream option to select that doesn't specify the max # of people who can be online at once. I'm worried that if selecting one name, that only one person will be able to use it at a time.

But the way it appears in my original post (see above) , there is only one internet surf and stream option to select that doesn't specify the max # of people who can be online at once. I'm worried that if selecting one name, that only one person will be able to use it at a time.
Looking at your original post, you've selected two people to have the package. Its a 5-night cruise so its charging you for two packages. The name doesn't matter at all. You or your family will be able to have two devices (total, not each) on line at the same time.

In the past - you can select one person and then the # of devices (scroll down under the names on the bottom of the screen). I believe you just have to share the login information to the other people. For example - you have a party of 4 - 1 name buys the package and you select 4 devices. Then each person can have 1 device logged in using the same log in information.

Yes, Tinkerbellmamm, you are correct. In that past --like December 2021, that was how we did it. I registered and purchased a plan for 3 devices. Among my family members in 3 cabins we were allowed 3 log-ins. We kept track of it by only having one person log in at a time per cabin. This worked fine for us since we didn't need to all be on at the same time.

In the past - you can select one person and then the # of devices (scroll down under the names on the bottom of the screen). I believe you just have to share the login information to the other people. For example - you have a party of 4 - 1 name buys the package and you select 4 devices. Then each person can have 1 device logged in using the same log in information.

Perfect! Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter