• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buying a stroller, What do you think.

belu

Earning My Ears
I have a very big 4 month old boy, nearly 19 Lbs. He's already done lots of traveling in his carseat/stroller. But he's getting too big for it and now I'm looking for a new stroller.

I remember some time ago hearing that the lightweight Maclarens were all the rage. Honestly I thought they were pretty cool. But now after actually pushing my son around Washington DC. I have a better idea of what I need in a stroller.

1. Easy Clean
2. durability
3. Storage Space -for me too
4. Reclining seat - for sleeping

I found a front runner.

Peg Pergo Trek Urbano or Urbano. The Maclerens don't seem to have much storage.

My concern is I seem to recall quite a few complaints about Peg Pergos.

? #1 Any one have problems with Peg Pergo? How was the problem handled?

? #2 Should I get the Urbano with the breaking system or does it really matter?

? #3 Any other recomendations?

Hoping this purchase will last untill our Disney trip in May 2003.

Your input is much appreciated.

belu

We have a Peg Perego Aria for our 9 month old DD, and we love it. It weighs less than 10 lbs, and folds very easily, suitcase like and even has a carrying handle for when its folded. It has a reclining position, that you just zip and unzip the sides, so that is very easy too. The storage seems pretty good - I fit a smaller diaper bag, a blanket, my purse :o) and other stuff there. My only complaint is I want to find a cup holder to attach to it, but none have been big enough to fit around the bar, and I'm not sure how that would work with it folding. Other than that we love it.

Thanks,

We went ahead and ordered the pliko trek model. It came in a color called Metallica so my husband was all over it. BTW it came with an adult cup holder. Maybe they are selling these cup holders now.

Thanks again!

To keep for having numerous post on the same subject, I was wondering if I could get some "stroller" advice from everyone too. I need two (not too expensive) strollers to take with me. Here are my needs

*small (b/c once we get to WDW, we use the buses until we leave
*big enough for a four yr old (i need one for a 4 yr old & one for a 2 yr old)
*easy to fold up (for the bus rides once again)
*comfortable (hopefully to entice my little one to rest in it at the parks)
*reasonable price (i am definitely not rich and I would rather save my money for WDW ;) )

HELP!!

We have an Evenflo Osh Kosh edition, it was a travel system but I believe that it can be purchased just as a stroller. My daughter will be 1 in a few weeks and she loves it. It is easy tol fold, fits nicely in our trunks (Geo Prizm and Honda Accord), and it kind of "stands" when folded, so while you are on the bus you could just rest it against something. We took it into Boston Memorial Day weekend and took the "T" many many times and had no problems, except at non-handicap accessible stations, we ended up carrying it up and down lots of stairs- this wont be a problem at Disney! We find it very easy to use, spacious, it reclines, built in cupholder and tray on the top, tray for DD's cheerios complete with sippy cup holder right in front of her, and also, most important for me- LOTS of room in the basket underneath. It wipes clean easily too. My test for ease of folding it up was to hold one hand behind my back and see if I could do it easily- Evenflo won out in a big way, and Graco was the big loser. Feel free to contact me for any more info!

-Becky

We also bought the Peg Perego Pliko Trek for our Disney World trip when our son was 5 months old in March. You will LOVE it!! It was perfect. The less expensive strollers either reclined all the way down or sat straight up at a 90 degree angle. Our son couldn't sit up on his own yet so the 90 degree option didn't work, and the fully reclined option meant he wouldn't be able to see everything that was going on. He seemed super comfy in the stroller the whole trip. We don't even use our other stroller anymore; the Peg Perego is so compact that we use it for everything now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter