buy tickets now or wait

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by mickeymousefan, Jun 16, 2004.

  1. mickeymousefan

    mickeymousefan loving life in the Lone Star state

    May 18, 2004
    Ok... I just made my hotel ressie's for Jan and here is my dilema... do I buy my tickets online now or wait til right before I go. I am on a tight budget and unfortuanately this trip depends on no financial disasters between now and then. But i worry that if I wait, the four day hopper price will go up and I will kick myself for not buying now. Anyone know when price increases usually go into effect? The 4 day hopper price in the 2003 birnbaum book is 17$ less than the price is now. That is a big jump in 2 years.

    Any words of advice would be appreciated.
  2. Chadsgirl44

    Chadsgirl44 Mouseketeer

    Apr 23, 2000
    Just keep in mind that if you buy you tickets now and something happens that you are unable to go the tickets are non-refundable. Usually the disboards are on top of things when it comes to hearing about possible price increase (Pixie Dust!). But if your sure that you will be able to go I say buy them now and then you can budget you money for other things and know that your tickets are paid for!
  3. LuvTigger

    LuvTigger <font color=deeppink>Just wanted to add that I'm a

    Jul 3, 2000
    Tickets don't expire, so as long as you think you'll use them even if (heaven forbid) you're unable to go in January, then I would go ahead and buy them.
  4. GoldenOldie

    GoldenOldie DIS Veteran

    May 26, 2000
    There is no set pattern to Disney's price increases. The most recent one that affected PH's and PHP's was in March. Prior to that, tickets went up in July 2003 (gate prices only, advance purchase prices not affected), September 2002, and January 2001.

    While nothing is cast in stone with Disney, the chances of another price increase on PH's coming before your trip are very minimal.
  5. CarolMN

    CarolMN DVC Co-Moderator Moderator

    Aug 18, 1999
    In your situation, I'd just set aside the money now (so much per month if that worked best) and then the $$ would be there when I was sure I'd be going.

    As already posted, prices probably won't go up before your trip, but even if they do, it won't be a huge increase.

    Better to risk paying a few dollars more later than buy them now and be "stuck" if you have to cancel the trip.

    By setting aside the money now, if you do have a "financial disaster" (sure hope not), you'd have the "banked" ticket $$ to help alleviate the "disaster" instead of tickets that can't easily be turned into cash. Sometimes, needs have to take priority over wants. Good luck!

    Best wishes -

Share This Page