Buy Magic Bands on Ebay

JeremyGNJ

none
Any reason you cant buy Magic Bands on ebay and link them to your tickets if you're staying offsite?

I think the bands have to be on your MDE profile.

The bands are probably already linked to someone elses profile.

I think the bands have to be on your MDE profile.

The bands are probably already linked to someone elses profile.

Not sure I understand. I bought tickets from UT and linked them to my MDE. There's a place where you can also "add magic bands", and it just asks for the number on the back of the magic band to add it to MDE.

Seems like I could just add them to my account and then attach a ticket to it.

Not sure I understand. I bought tickets from UT and linked them to my MDE. There's a place where you can also "add magic bands", and it just asks for the number on the back of the magic band to add it to MDE.

Seems like I could just add them to my account and then attach a ticket to it.

You could try this at your own risk, if you like.

If it happens to work, you're fine.

If not, you have a souvenir in the form of a non-operable MagicBand.

From what I have been told is that once a MB is linked to a profile it cannot be transferred to someone else.

If the original owner of the band didn't deactivate the band, it will still be linked to her account.
Beyond that, I don't know whether or not it is "reassignable" once it's been used - it's possible - but why would you do it? having the band will not get you access to resort specific perks - and you'll be able to buy one directly from Disney in the near future...

I've thought about buying one on Ebay but not to link a ticket to it. My DS wants one to use with his Disney Infinite game. I just haven't wanted to pay the price for one!

If the original owner of the band didn't deactivate the band, it will still be linked to her account.
Beyond that, I don't know whether or not it is "reassignable" once it's been used - it's possible - but why would you do it? having the band will not get you access to resort specific perks - and you'll be able to buy one directly from Disney in the near future...

Just seems like a waste that they cant be re-used. Especially since I read a post where people already have multiple sets of them. Lots of plastic and rubber to be made and thrown out over and over.

I only have any desire to have them so we don't have to worry about losing our tickets. But I wouldn't spend money to "try" it. not even sure i'd spend money if I *knew* I could do it, but just curious really.

If anyone is willing to send me one (or 3 for the whole family), and deactivate it from their account I'd give a try.

One of the reasons magic bands are being bought and sold on Ebay is that they work with the Disney Infinity video game to unlock a new game section and item. I don't know for sure, but I think the magic band is the only way to get those things in the game.

Um they are linked to another guest. At best, they would simply be useless to you.

Further, I can't see how it would be much of an advantage.

One of the reasons magic bands are being bought and sold on Ebay is that they work with the Disney Infinity video game to unlock a new game section and item. I don't know for sure, but I think the magic band is the only way to get those things in the game.

I didn't know they did that! Our AP MBs should be arriving in the next few weeks - my DD is going to flip out!

I didn't know they worked with Disney Infinity either. We have bands from our trip last year. Going to pull them out for DDs to use tonight. They will be so excited.

I have been told that in the near future you will be able to reuse them. When is still up in the air though.

You can reuse them now. It's just that usually someone reusing a band is assumed to be reusing one already linked to their own MDE account so buying one that was linked to a different account it not quite the same

Just seems like a waste that they cant be re-used. Especially since I read a post where people already have multiple sets of them. Lots of plastic and rubber to be made and thrown out over and over.\

They can be reused by the original owner at the least. We've got something like 5 each and can use any of them to get into the park since they are all linked to our AP's.

They can be reused by the original owner at the least. We've got something like 5 each and can use any of them to get into the park since they are all linked to our AP's.

Wanna deactivate one and send it to an 8 year old boy to use in his game?? :teeth:

Anyone??? :lmao:

We have a timeshare and won't ever be staying onsite. We keep waiting for Disney to give more info about selling them. I wonder if you have to have a trip and/or a ticket to purchase one of the bands when they start selling them. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter