butterfly farm?

markey

DIS Veteran
Last time we did the under 2 flags tour-shopping(morning)/beach (on our own) afternoon. This year we want to do the beach in the afternoon again but I am looking for something in the am. Since we shopped on the Dutch side last time I was thinking of taking the butterfly tour/shopping in Marigot to get a taste of the French side. Has anybody who has done this have any feed back for me? I am not interested in buying any big items, just items which would be your corny tourist junk. I have my Bahama Mama from our first 4 day, so you know I'm not an expensive shopper! Thanks. This is for St. Maarten.

We just got back from 5/17 Eastern and did the Butterfly farm. Actually it is a tour of much of the island in an air conditioned bus. The driver describes what we are passing, talks about the difference in Dutch and French parts of the island, politics, schools, holidays, etc. Our first stop was a little shopping square and we just had enough time to go to the restrooms (not well maintained) and buy some island souvenirs. I got musical instruments for grandkids and music classes. Lots of choices. They tell you what time to be on bus and you better be there!!

Next stop was the butterfly farm and it is beautiful. We had about 45 min - an hr. there. Children get special educational time with one of the car takers. I have a couple of pictures on the Cruise review site.

We had a 3 yr. old with us, and the ride itself was too long for him, but he liked the butterflies and sights we saw.

We asked driver to drop us in town rather than at port. We wandered and relaxed at a town dock to watch fishermen, then took water taxi back to ship for a late lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter