But how to drink our butterbeer?

jpkkld

Mouseketeer
How are the parks managing drinks? Do we have to sit down at a table somewhere to have our butterbeer and Dragon Scale? Are we allowed to walk and drink? Are we allowed inside the HE train stations with drinks?
Thanks for any insight to this!

2 weeks ago, we didn't drink walk or take HE. But we would just take a moment where we stood and take a sip and put the mask back on. No complaints from CM.

Like davper said, 2 weeks ago you were technically suppose to be stopped and not in a crowd to take your mask down and have a drink. No walking around and just sipping.

The exception seemed to be water bottles with the walking and sipping. As in no employees were saying anything.

But even using the refill mugs, you are supposed to stop and go to the side to take a drink. They do have employees on mask duty. They carry signs to remind everyone and they will ask people to wear the mask correctly, don’t eat and walk, etc.

Maybe it will relax soon?

Here today. No, you're not to eat or drink unless stationary & it is being enforced.

Hagrid's was delayed so tons of people were hanging out in Hogsmeade. We got our Butterbeers & scooted down to Lost Continent - lots of places to perch & enjoy there 👍.

Not sure what the fascination is with walking and sipping, seems to me to just be a mask complaining thing which kind of gets old. Even in non-covid times we wouldn't have done that (except for maybe some water). I like to be stationary to eat/drink normally.

We grab our butterbeers and find a shady spot to sit and enjoy. Its a nice break off our feet and to cool off for a few minutes. It helps my kids decompress a little and stop with the overstimulation. Also don't have people bumping into us or in our way while we are trying to enjoy our treat. Just a nice way to take a break during an otherwise busy and hot day. Nothing has really changed for us in this regard pre or post Covid trips.

Thanks for everyone’s input.
Just for the record, we are walk-and-drinkers. We wander over to a show, we meander past the shop fronts, our D finds a few spells to do, or we go wait for HE. We often grab a drink as we’re leaving - the walk from HP to the front gate, with one or 2 shopping stops, is exactly 1 beer for us.

I don’t like gulping down beer - I prefer to savor it, but there’s no way I’m going to sit still for 45-60 minutes when I’m at Universal. I’ll take my break poolside.

Tne responses here have been really helpful, because, while we clearly will need to modify our normal habits, we now know what will need modification. For example, usually my DH & I prefer different beers, but this trip, we’ll probably plan to split a beer more often. And maybe my DD will load up on butterbeer at meals and less so while touring. Or maybe we’ll find a quiet perch by the Knight Bus or in Jurassic and crowd watch for a bit. And if we do decide to walk, we know crowded times will make it difficult to pull down our masks, so maybe we’ll adjust our purchasing.

Tne responses here have been really helpful, because, while we clearly will need to modify our normal habits, we now know what will need modification. For example, usually my DH & I prefer different beers, but this trip, we’ll probably plan to split a beer more often. And maybe my DD will load up on butterbeer at meals and less so while touring. Or maybe we’ll find a quiet perch by the Knight Bus or in Jurassic and crowd watch for a bit. And if we do decide to walk, we know crowded times will make it difficult to pull down our masks, so maybe we’ll adjust our purchasing.

We went with this attitude and I am so glad we did.

Some things felt like a really “normal” Universal vacation. The things that didn’t we just didn’t let it become a big deal (like adjusting how/when we ate lunch and walking eating ice cream, etc)

For us, going in with the attitude of being grateful for any vacation post Covid, much less one of our very favorite places, and to enjoy whatever we could (I won’t lie, the masks contributed to us cutting it short most days with the heat by 3-4pm) made any new Covid inconveniences seem not so bad.

After 14 years of being in the Navy, I still out of forced habit, stop - drink - walk. You're not allowed to walk and drink/eat in uniform lol.

Glad to see there's enough places to post up with the kids though and drink/eat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter