• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buses when you can transfer from wheelchair.

kylieh

DIS Veteran
I can't remember what we did from our previous trip some years ago. DD16 can transfer from a wheelchair but will be sitting whilst we wait for a bus. On the bus as long as she can sit somewhere she'll be ok. Do we still wait in the wheelchair loading area, or in the line and fold the chair and treat it like a stroller when boarding. We're staying at POFQ.

I can't remember what we did from our previous trip some years ago. DD16 can transfer from a wheelchair but will be sitting whilst we wait for a bus. On the bus as long as she can sit somewhere she'll be ok. Do we still wait in the wheelchair loading area, or in the line and fold the chair and treat it like a stroller when boarding. We're staying at POFQ.
yes
You can do that at any bus stop.
Just let the driver know when they are putting down the ramp that you prefer to fold it.

We had our dd wait in the line in her chair and we had her get out and we folded right as it was her turn to board. We’ve only been there with the wheelchair during slower times. If it were busy and you were concerned your dd might not get a seat, I’d park her in the accessible area so she could preboard.

You should be able to do either. If you wait in the ramp loading area, just make sure to let the driver know what you want to do so they can keep the wheelchair area seats down. If you think the regular line might work better, the driver may point you to the ramp. Again, just let them know the plan.

When I took my sister with her wheelchair, we would wait at the HA load spot and then I would push her up the ramp letting the driver know as we went that she would transfer. Then once on the bus, she would transfer and I would fold up her wheelchair. My sister could probably do the steps, but it is safer for her to go via the ramp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter