Bus Transportation from Wilderness Lodge to Parks

awd123

Earning My Ears
This will be our first time at WDW. We are going 3/19-3/26 - peak times. We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge. I've read that the transportation from the Lodge to the parks and other locations may be difficult and time consuming because there is no direct bus service to many locations from WL and no monorail service. I have 4 kids and am nervous about waiting in long lines for buses only to have a 45 minute bus ride. For any of you who stayed at the WL during a peak time, how did you manage getting around WDW? How far (minutes) is the walk to MK, Epcott, MGM etc from WL? Do you advise renting a car? Any tips from experienced Wilderness Lodge people would be helpful!

Welcome to the DisBoards!! You can't walk to the parks from WL. While I have never actually stayed at WL, I have spent time over there, eating and sightseeing. I found the bus service to be pretty good. It has been improved in the recent past. THere is a wonderful little boat that will take you to MK. Or you can get off the boat at the Contemporary and walk to MK from there..about an 8 minute walk.

All the other parks you will take the bus to. I don't think I have ever spent more than 20 minutes on a bus to anywhere at WDW. Waiting for the bus at really busy times can be time consuming. As can waiting to get a bus back to your resort at park closing. But, I don't think that WL has any more issues with their buses than any other resort. At least, that is my experience.

I stayed at the WL a few years ago and encountered no bus problems (the previous poster was right; you'll wait no more than 20 min). You can catch a bus to every major park and a boat to the MK. Visiting other MK resorts is quite easy, thanks to a smaller launch that goes to the Contemporary Resort and Ft Wilderness. You can even ride the monorail; the WL is the only other resort with direct bus access to the TTC.

Welcome to the Dis!

WL has awsome transportation. It's just like all the other resorts, bus/boat service to all the parks. All resorts, except for AKL and Pop either share a bus with 1 or more resorts or make 1 or more stops. WL shares with either GF or FW. WL is always the first stop going and coming.

It has 2 boats.
Green launch: WL/FW/MK (any order) maybe 10-15 minute ride
Blue launch: (small boat) WL/CR/FW. Generally 2 boats running, 1 clockwise, 1 counterclockwise. Less that 5 minutes from WL to CR. Runs 6:45am - 10pm everyday.

There is also a bus to the TTC and to FW.

We stayed at WL last year in the last week of May and also had no problems with transportation. Buses seemed to arrive every 15 minutes or so and travelled to all the parks pretty quickly. I think the longest we stayed on a bus was about 20 minutes. Our 5 year old really enjoyed the boat ride to MK. We choose WL over AK because some of the things we read said that transportation from AK was not as good. We are choosing WL this year because we had such a great experience last year. I hope you enjoy your trip.

Just so you don't believe that what you read was a lie, it used to be that the bus transportation from WL was not very good. They changed its bus system for the better about 2 to 3 years ago.

Thanks for the info RE: bus transportation from WL! I feel much better with my choice now that I know it shouldn't be an issue!

Wow! Thanks Kim, for the link to the "vets". It looks like it will be very helpful! AWD123

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter