Bus to Downtown Disney

mickeysgirl17

Wish I was at Disney
Do all resorts have bus transportation to downtown disney? I'm interested in the Polynesian specifically. Is the bus the easiest way to get to DTD from the Poly?

Yes, all the resorts have a bus that goes to DTD. I will let someone who has stayed at the Poly to chime in on if the bus is the easiest way to get there.

Yes, all resorts have bus transportation to DTD. A few resorts (POR, POFQ, OKW) also have boat transportation to DTD. From the Poly, the bus is the only way to get to DTD.

Ok thanks. I have a dinner ADR at Ohana at 6:30 and then need to get to DTD for the 9pm Cirque du soleil show and am debating on taking the bus or just driving myself since we don't have much time in between.

Ok thanks. I have a dinner ADR at Ohana at 6:30 and then need to get to DTD for the 9pm Cirque du soleil show and am debating on taking the bus or just driving myself since we don't have much time in between.

If you have a car, I think you are best off driving. The bus routes to DTD are often the most unreliable when it comes to frequency of the buses.

Yes they do. However it has always been our experience that the bus to dtd from ANY resort takes forever!!! We have taken a few trips with no rental car and the bus to dtd takes longer than any other bus. Even at resorts that were close! Lol. Now we always rent a car, we love it. We save a lot of time. We bus to MK, but we drive everywhere else.

I would actually take a taxi. That way you don't have to worry about parking and wasting time looking for a parking space. Than take the bus back to the Poly after the show.

Do all resorts have bus transportation to downtown disney? I'm interested in the Polynesian specifically. Is the bus the easiest way to get to DTD from the Poly?

It would be easier (i.e. faster) to drive, or to take a cab. But the easiest (and only) free option is the bus.

I would actually take a taxi. That way you don't have to worry about parking and wasting time looking for a parking space. Than take the bus back to the Poly after the show.

This is what I would do, as well. I gave up long ago on taking the bus to DTD.....too unreliable.

I will have a rental car, but I don't like driving around disney property because I get lost easily lol. My plan was to do AK that day, then eat dinner at Ohana and then go to DTD all by bus and finally take the bus back to Pop century which is the resort I'm staying at, but I fear I won't have enough time to get to DTD and I heard you must be in your cirque du soleil seats by 15 min before the show or they will sell your seats! So I'm now thinking of driving and hoping I don't get lost which may very well make me late anyway!

I'm sure the front desk could give you directions and maybe even draw you a map :). I don't like driving at Disney either.....so many turns LOL. If all else fails you could look for a Disney bus that says DTD and just follow it LOL. Just make sure you don't turn in to the bus lanes at DTD.

We always take the bus to DTD, although it is far from the quickest way. With a 6:30 dinner, I think I would opt for a taxi as others have suggested as DTD can sometimes get very busy and you might find it hard to get a parking space without driving around for awhile. Good luck.

We always take the bus to DTD, although it is far from the quickest way. With a 6:30 dinner, I think I would opt for a taxi as others have suggested as DTD can sometimes get very busy and you might find it hard to get a parking space without driving around for awhile. Good luck.

This!:thumbsup2 We have stayed at the Poly several times and go to DTD often (DisneyQuest) which is next door to Cirque. The bus ride can be very long and slow. Not a big deal if you don't have ressies. A taxi is your best bet. Have fun!:goodvibes

I agree :thumbsup2

We waited on a DTD bus at the Grand Floridian for 45 minutes!!!!

On the bright side, Pop is very close to DTD and easy to find.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter