Bus service at OKW - first week in May

RatherBeGolfing

Mouseketeer
Hi, trying to decide about renting a car or relying on bus service from OKW to the major parks.......

Can someone who has stayed at OKW recently report on the bus service ?

In the past, I heard there were full busses, or long waits, etc.
Thank you!!!
Larry

We were at OKW 3/27 - 4/2 and the OKW buses were never crowded. We never waited for more than a few minutes. We had a car and drove to a resort when we had a PS for dinner. It's sort of a "you almost can't get there from here" to go to another resort by Disney transportation from OKW. There are a number of bus and bus/ boat combinations to do this, but they all take WAY too long. Like 40 minutes to an hour, especially at dinner time.

The OKW buses direct to the parks were no problem.

DisFlan

I'm hoping bus service won't be too bad while Im there 5/30-6/5...I'm not renting a car and I'm not looking forward to 45 min waits or anything like that

We stay at OKW the first week of May almost every year... but we're missing it this year! :(

I think the bus service at OKW has improved in recent years. It appears that they've added buses at busy times. So in the morning, you'll see numerous buses to the parks. Keep in mind, some of them may be full - but you don't have to wait for that one bus to go empty and return. Another bus is usually right on that bus' heels.

Same goes for park closing - the buses are lined up to go to OKW. If you miss one, another one will be coming soon. There will be crowds, but I think they handle them very well.

That said, if you want to catch a bus somewhere in the middle of the day, you may have to wait a few minutes. There aren't any extra buses during off hours. I think the longest you could expect to wait is 20 minutes or so, if you happen to time it completely wrong.

If that will really bother you, I'd suggest renting a car. We usually rent one so we can do some off-property things. We drive to MGM, Animal Kingdom and the Marketplace because it's easy and faster than the bus. The bus is almost always faster (and easier) to Magic Kingdom. Epcot is easy both ways, but it's easier to get home via the bus than fighting the traffic with your car.

Have a great trip... I'm jealous!

Jon

Thanks for the great replies!

Another question - any problem getting from OKW to Hoop De Doo? I've never been to HDD and not quite sure exactly where it is, except somewhere near Magic Kingdom.

Thanks again,
Larry

My advice would be to take the bus from OKW to the Magic Kingdom, walk across the street to the Comtemporary, and then get on the boat to Ft. Wilderness from the Contemporary marina. That's only two rides that way. The other option for only one transfer would be to take the bus to downtown disney or any of the other 3 theme parks, and then get on the Ft. Wilderness bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter