Burt Reynolds in SI Swimsuit Issue!?!?

CarolG

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
There's an ad in this year's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue that features Burt Reynolds... ALL of him! :scared1:

It's a reproduction of the fold-out from the April 1972 Cosmopolitan. They did do a little airbrushing in this one - they removed the cigarette and ashtray that were in the original.

No, I'm not going to post the picture or a link - I don't think it's DIS-friendly!;)

There's an ad in this year's Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue that features Burt Reynolds... ALL of him! :scared1:

It's a reproduction of the fold-out from the April 1972 Cosmopolitan. They did do a little airbrushing in this one - they removed the cigarette and ashtray that were in the original.

No, I'm not going to post the picture or a link - I don't think it's DIS-friendly!;)

I still have that Cosmo. :thumbsup2

LOL!! I remember that picture. My mom had that hanging in the very back of her closet. I remember finding it when I was about 7 or 8.

I thought all that hair was airbrushed on as a joke, guess I was wrong! LOL.

And may I just say a great big NOT COOL to the people at SI that made the choice to include a nekkid Burt Reynolds in between pictures of extremely hot models in (mostly in, but largely out of) tiny bikinis?!?

I flipped the page and just about :faint: I mean it...that picture is :scared:

A resort area here used to have a wax museum and his wax figure was from that picture! :thumbsup2

I think they must've used photoshop this time too!:scared:

ETA D'oh. I thought you meant "recreated" it in a new ad at his present age!:blush:

Well, I'm just thankful that it was the 1972 vintage Burt Reynolds . . . I'd hate to see him in that pose today!! :scared:

I haven't seen the new ad, but from memory I think he has a blanket or a newspaper covering him. Oh, and I believe he's wearing a :teeth: !

And may I just say a great big NOT COOL to the people at SI that made the choice to include a nekkid Burt Reynolds in between pictures of extremely hot models in (mostly in, but largely out of) tiny bikinis?!?

I must say I was surprised, too! I was just flipping through it before I mailed it to my son (it's his subscription - he's in college). Was it a Direct-TV ad?

Well, I'm just thankful that it was the 1972 vintage Burt Reynolds . . . I'd hate to see him in that pose today!! :scared:

::yes:: I suppose it could have been worse, couldn't it!

I remember my mom would not let me look at the back of my grandma's bedroom door because she had it hanging there (I peeked a couple of times).

A strategically placed hand and cigarette in his mouth in the original photo.

My MOM and I went to a local Drugstore, that sold that Magazine, and bought it.:rotfl: It was a HOOT! I have to see the "new" version now.;)

One of my patients handed me that issue that was out in our waiting room. We have Sports Illustrated there usually, but, I have to agree that particular issue was inappropriate. I confiscated it, and now all the nurses are enjoying it.

ITA! It took me many extra hours of looking at the ladies to get that image of Burt out of my mind. :rotfl2:

-- Rob

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter