Bunk Beds: Are WL/AKL/fort Wilderness cabins all the same size?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
I've seen many people describe the bunk beds at all 3 of the above as being shorter or smaller than a standard twin. My teen sons have slept just fine on the bunks at WL and AKL--we have a reservation for a Fort Wilderness cabin in January, and I just wanted to know if they are the same size? Thanks!

I haven’t stayed at the other two resorts but the bunk beds in the Fort Wilderness cabins are regular size twins.

The Disney Bunks are NOT twin bed mattresses.
Twin Size Mattress
Width: 39 in x Length: 74 in

WL Bunks: The bunk bed mattresses are 5’9″ long (69"), and 39″ wide.
AKL Bunks: Measured the bunk bed mattresses as 72 inches long and 36 inches wide.
FW Cabin Bunks: The bunk beds are unchanged–still 66 inches by 36 inches, and sleeping a little shorter than 66 inches because of the framing.

From Your First Visit

I am 5' tall and I have slept on the bunks at FW and AKL. The ones at AKL are definitely longer than FW. I was fine in both, but I did have more room at my feet at AKL than I did at FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter