• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bummed out - AKL concierge is full

luvisgirl

Earning My Ears
So - I've been debating upgrading to concierge at the AKL for a couple of weeks now - well - I guess I waited to long because it is all full now.

Nuts.

No sunrise safari for us!!!

Keep calling and maybe a spot will open up. People cancel things all the time.

Good Luck!

Joanne

I would definitely call at the 60, 45, 30, 14, 10, 7, and 3 day points. Those are all times that TA's cancel rooms held in blocks, airfares go up, packages must be paid in full, etc.

Anne

I know what you mean...I've been adding days...as they have opened up. I've been lucky enough to get 6 out of 7 days, so hang in there..I got the last 4 nites first and then just 2 weeks ago was able to add 2 additional nites. We are missing just our day of arrival, 10/24. I call everyday, sometimes a couple time a day. Remember you can hold 2 reservations...which I am doing now and will have to cancel one 5 days out. I'm at the point where I have to make a decision and I don't know what to do! I've held 3 days of my previous reservation in a standard savannah...I don't know if I want to move after just one day. Or if I should split it 3/4. My DH may kill me! We split a 3/4 stay last time at WL/AKL and I personally didn't like moving. I was holding out for AP rates but I even broke down and was willing to pay rack rates but there is nothing available. I guess I could do an overnight bag for the first nite..maybe with one nite I may have a better chance of getting upgraded so they don't have to bother moving me too. What do you think?? I'm frustrated!
.....argh.....:confused: :mad: :rolleyes:

Here's pixie dust for you ******^^^^^^********
We love AKL and staying concierge is a dream we have. Perhaps you could get at least a few days (when the safari is offered) and keep trying to add on.

I don't know when you sent that pixie dust but I got the last day or should I say our first day yesterday!!! I'm so excited...it's going to be a surprise for the rest of the family. DH knows about the last 4 days...he agreed just to do the sunrise safari...imagine his shock when it is all 7 nites!! Yeah!! Thanks for the dust!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter