Bugs Life

Coloradogrl

Mouseketeer
I have been thinking of different types of theme for our wedding. I was pretty much thinking about using Cinderella or Mickey, but then I it hit me. Our first date we ever went on was to "A bugs life" I was thinking maybe I could use this theme.
Does anyone think that I could do "A bugs life" theme for a wedding with out it looking stupid :confused: PLEASE BE HONEST

a bugs life theme could be very cute, use bright green as one of colors along with maybe purple, maybe a reception at jiko at the animal kingdom lodge, a light shaded green cake maybe. if not it could always be your rehearsal dinner/welcome dinner theme.

I think it would be an adorable theme. I think the idea of a reception at Jiko is great.

The colors would be nice a green and purple as said earlier and Princess Anna and Flik are TOO CUTE!! I've seen somewhere a beautiful green and very detailed floral cake that would match the bugs life theme very well. I think you could even do the different characters as table numbers!! Okay! I think it would be very cute and fun. Were you wanting to go cute and fun? Or more elegant? We are doing elegant for the ceremony and cute and fun for the reception. We are doing Lilo and Stitch. Just a thought! HTH

Shonnel :earsgirl:

I first have to say your dog is pretty cute! He does look like stitch!

We are going elegant for the cermony....I am thinking lots of flowers and candles(very musy) and I really want people to have fun at the reception!

I am having trouble finding bug life stuff thou....it has been 7 years

Well have no fear!! Here are some pictures of some A Bugs Life things you could EASILY incorporate into your wedding!

Maybe a snowglobe centerpiece?
f23b392d.jpg

To top the wedding cake?
f23b392c.jpg

Just some images to get the ball rolling!!

HTH

OMG I love the snow globe. I did a search on google and all I pulled up was the movie. I really am looking foward to incorp it into our wedding now. I am now on a search for Bugs life. Maybe I will have Flick instead of Mickey at the wedding. Did you have any Lilo and Stitch charters at you wedding? Where did you find stuff for you wedding at?

Coloradogrl said:
OMG I love the snow globe. I did a search on google and all I pulled up was the movie. I really am looking foward to incorp it into our wedding now. I am now on a search for Bugs life. Maybe I will have Flick instead of Mickey at the wedding. Did you have any Lilo and Stitch charters at you wedding? Where did you find stuff for you wedding at?

Actually my wedding is in the next couple of weeks. :bitelip: I found a lot of things either at the Disney store, Disney auctions and even Disney Deals. Also, I've been lucky to take a few trips to DL and WDW this past year and got somethings from the parks as well. We are having Lilo and Stitch and Mickey and Minnie at the wedding. We had a floral/candle centerpiece idea for our reception but decided to change that when I realized that I really have a crazy infatuation with Lilo and Stitch and instead we are using what they call Big Figs (kinda like statues) for our table centerpieces. I'm a collector of Lilo and Stitch merchandise and have 4 big figs which is the perfect amount I need for my reception. Here is a picture of two of my big figs for those that don't know what they are

f2471dca.jpg

f2471ee3.jpg

Oh and yes Ebay is great too!! :teeth:

HTH

EvilinaDM101 said:
Actually my wedding is in the next couple of weeks. :bitelip: I found a lot of things either at the Disney store, Disney auctions and even Disney Deals. Also, I've been lucky to take a few trips to DL and WDW this past year and got somethings from the parks as well. We are having Lilo and Stitch and Mickey and Minnie at the wedding. We had a floral/candle centerpiece idea for our reception but decided to change that when I realized that I really have a crazy infatuation with Lilo and Stitch and instead we are using what they call Big Figs (kinda like statues) for our table centerpieces. I'm a collector of Lilo and Stitch merchandise and have 4 big figs which is the perfect amount I need for my reception. Here is a picture of two of my big figs for those that don't know what they are

f2471dca.jpg

f2471ee3.jpg

Oh and yes Ebay is great too!! :teeth:

HTH

Shonnel, is that a picture of what your table is going to look like? That is such a cute idea. :love: I love it!

FutureAshleyDukes said:
Shonnel, is that a picture of what your table is going to look like? That is such a cute idea. :love: I love it!

Not that table cloth. We are using a purple table cloth and we are going to have pink and purple rose petal sprinkled around the bases of each big fig. Thanks for the nice complement! :goodvibes

Coloradogrl said:

If you get the chance before your wedding! There is a Bug's Life Land out in California Adventures (across from DL) I would definitley try to take a trip and if you don't find anything there you still got to go to Disneyland and California Adventures!! :goodvibes

We were just at DL a few weeks ago and did go over to California Adventure for a little bit but did not make it over to the area with Bugs Life....its a long story! We went over there to California Adventure because that was were our Captian Mickeys Dinner was at. It is a beautiful park but thats all I can say for it. We are going back to DL hopefully this winter I am going to have make sure I make it over there.
I wonder if I called if they could tell me if there was a store over there dedicated to Bugs life?

Shonnel -- I cannot WAIT to see the photos of your wedding. You have paid attention to every detail!!

Jennifer

Thanks Moonbeams! I will have some photo's up ASAP after the wedding. It's bad enough I am a picture freak but we hired Randy Chapman as our photographer and my MOH's friend is a student in artist photography and will be there. Oh and I can't forget that both fathers are PHOTO nuts!! So I will DEFINITLEY have something to post as soon as we get back.

Coloradogrl- We are having a custom wedding :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter