Bugaboo with Travel case - check it in?

Hodkys

Mouseketeer
Hi folks, we're taking our Bugabooo Cameleon on our next trip. We have a padded travel bag for it, however it's not a 2 minute job packing the pram and fastening it all up. So don't really want a last minute panic at the gate. We're thinking of checking it in with the suitcases and letting Niamh toddle/be carried before boarding the plane. She was one on the 14th of this month and has just started taking a few steps. We're flying from Manchester - do we have to jump on the shuttle bus to the plane as we did last May? Thinking this may get tricky if she gets tired and wants to sleep.

Any thoughts?

We had buggaboo when our DS was a baby and I remember travelling to Jamaica and "packing" the bag at the gate.

I must admit thought to having made DH do a number of dummy runs before we went to the airport, it ended up been a bit of a joke, at checkin they asked if we wanted to checkin the pram, we replied by saying that DH was going for his personal best at the gate and was hopeing to beat 3.52 seconds. She really didnt get it ;)

Anyways back to your question, sorry got a bit diverted there !!

We fly out of Man every year with VA and have always walked via those tunnel type thingys never had to get a shuttle to the aircraft, however I think this purely depends on whether or not the flight has been granted a "gate" and so therefore I would nt plan on been able to walk striaght on to the aircraft.

Also, the desk which you have to checkin the pram as its classed as over sized luggage is often so long its not worth the wait imo. The people at the desk where you board your aircraft will always take your pram off you prior to boarding so dont worry about been left at the back of a queue whilst everyone else is boarding.

I understand about the practice run through - we're staying over at an airport hotel the night before we fly (can't face getting 3 kids and ourselves sorted at 5am in the morning) so we've just taken the suitcases out of the loft to see how they will pack in the boot of my car - just to make sure they fit with kids back packs etc!

Think we'll try your option of taking the pram through with us to the gate and then packing it before boarding commences. That way we should give ourselves plenty of time to pack it. Cheers.:thumbsup2

Just a thought, albeit not related to check-in... Do you have a bike lock or anything for the parks? I know it's a pain and not such an issue with a cheap stroller but I know how much Bugaboos cost!

Leave the bugaboo at home (can't get stolen or ruined) and buy a lightweight umbrella stroller that reclines. Save yourself the hassle. Also a baby sling can still be wonderful for getting on and off the plane with ease at that age.

I agree with barnaby1 - I would leave the bugaboo at home and get a cheap stroller. We've got a chameleon but we take a stroller with a hood. It's just too expensive to leave unattended at the parks but also the stroller parking is not covered so any rain shower will soak the fabric cover.

:confused3...now I'm thinking of dusting down the old McLaren buggy (7 years old) and taking that - only problem is that it doesn't recline completely flat. Might try DD in it this weekend whilst DS8 goes to rugby minis.

i am expecting twins and we purchased our puschair in florida this month and we wll look at getting a umbrella one for our trip next year as I dont want the expensive one ruined on the flight

We just purchaced a baby jogger city mini...take a look for it on you tube. Its amazing. It has the most amazing folding system i have ever seen. It reclines almost flat...had a huge and i mean huge canopy to hsade from the sun. We got ours off eaby new but there are a few second hand ones available. It folds small enough to fit on disney trams easily and folds in one hand whilst holding baby in the other....looks perfect for a florida theme park holiday!

Hi guys, we had a City Jogger mini double when DD first born. Highly recommend it. All the benefits you listed above. Also, quite light to lift for a double buggy and would fit through a standard door.

I'm wondering if we would be taking quite a risk taking the Bugaboo but could minimise this if took a bicycle lock - or go with the McLaren. we're planning on taking our 'shade-a-babe' cover which we've used when DS2 was 9 months, It was great. Haven't tried it out on the McLaren to see that it fits on OK.

DH's thinking is 'why have the padded travel bag if we don't travel with it'. Probably adding it to his list of 'another expensive baby accessory'!!:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter