Buffalo to Orlando

mamabear0222

Countdown to 2014 trip
What is the best airfare you've gotten for this route? Which airline??

Sent from my Samsung S3 using DISBoards

I am probably not the best person to respond, as we have only flown from Buffalo once (we prefer Syracuse due to our location) and it was during Christmas week (which is generally higher priced), but our flights for December 2012 were $350 return per person. Non stop both directions, one way via AirTran and the other via JetBlue.

I have seen MUCH better rates from Southwest, JetBlue & AirTran during non peak periods.

Back in May I flew with Southwest at a fare of $175 but on average I pay anywhere from $200-$230 and typically fly with JetBlue. For my upcoming trip over labor day weekend I am flying Southwest outbound at $154 and JetBlue return for $94 (just because the times suited me better) which comes out to $248 but I suppose its a little more because its a holiday weekend?

I fly this route most March Breaks. Last year on JetBlue was most expensive. We went down a week earlier for our break so on March 2nd, and we paid $131. On the way back we flew back the 15th, the day everyone else is flying to, and paid $210. (more then I am used to) I have went in Feb and gotten $89 each way, and one year $72 on AirTran out of Rochester. This year for Xmas break we are flying Southwest on the 23rd, of Dec and back Jan 3rd from Flint, Mi to Tampa, and paid $102 each way non stop.

We also lucked out the other day, with a tip from transportation boards for jetblue on March Break 2014 (they aren't released yet) but someone on the Transportation boards gave a tip about Hipmunk.com and jetblue flights to Orlando in March. I was very lucky with this glitch and got JetBlue on March 7th to MCO back March 15th for $125 each way non stop. It all went through Jetblues website and I can look up my reservation via Trueblue members.

I fly this route most March Breaks. Last year on JetBlue was most expensive. We went down a week earlier for our break so on March 2nd, and we paid $131. On the way back we flew back the 15th, the day everyone else is flying to, and paid $210. (more then I am used to) I have went in Feb and gotten $89 each way, and one year $72 on AirTran out of Rochester. This year for Xmas break we are flying Southwest on the 23rd, of Dec and back Jan 3rd from Flint, Mi to Tampa, and paid $102 each way non stop.

We also lucked out the other day, with a tip from transportation boards for jetblue on March Break 2014 (they aren't released yet) but someone on the Transportation boards gave a tip about Hipmunk.com and jetblue flights to Orlando in March. I was very lucky with this glitch and got JetBlue on March 7th to MCO back March 15th for $125 each way non stop. It all went through Jetblues website and I can look up my reservation via Trueblue members.

I didnt see that tip until last night ... soooo sad lol
I hope those are the regular prices that are released!!

Thanks for your replies, we are going at the end of Feb and I wanted to know when the rates come out what I should be looking for.
If it's under $250 I'm going for it lol

Flint MI, how is that airport? I'm kind of in the middle in Southwestern Ontario.
I could easily do any SW Canadian city or Buffalo, Detroit, Flint is 2.5 hrs etc.
I like Buffalo myself best but would never pass up a great airfare lol

Wow, Flint has some great flight times and prices!!!!
In Jan it's $101 per direction?!?

Wow, Flint has some great flight times and prices!!!!
In Jan it's $101 per direction?!?

That is why we are flying from there at Christmas. I have never flown from there, but know a lot of people that have. Apparently it is a nice small airport. They release up to March 7th on the 22nd of July!!! Good luck.

That is why we are flying from there at Christmas. I have never flown from there, but know a lot of people that have. Apparently it is a nice small airport. They release up to March 7th on the 22nd of July!!! Good luck.

We live in Northern Ontario, and are 6.5 hours from Buf and 7 hours from Flint. So we look at all of them. Check out Allegiant air from Niagara Falls Ny. We have flown them once for $69 but beware the baggage fees and seat fees are high.

We live in Northern Ontario, and are 6.5 hours from Buf and 7 hours from Flint. So we look at all of them. Check out Allegiant air from Niagara Falls Ny. We have flown them once for $69 but beware the baggage fees and seat fees are high.
Thanks I hear the same about Spirit out of Detroit!

We are flying AT out of Buffalo this August.
$99 direct flight each way for a total of $198 per person return.
Plus we are flying down on a Sunday and flying back on a Saturday (weekends are usually a bit more expensive).

We do have to pay luggage fees but we do travel light.

In October and again in December we are flying SW out of Buffalo for $225 per person return and direct flight (on the weekends). No baggage fee so it kind of works out to the same deal as AT.

Way back in 2007, we got return for four people for a TOTAL of $628 on Southwest. Never seen anything even close since then. Next best was $860 for four in 2009. I used to see Ding! fares for $59 or $62 one way but never for dates we were going. Those are long in the past now. Last summer we paid $450 per person on Air Canada from Pearson. Ouch.

We are paying $99pp each way in Sept on SW. Like PP said the $79 and under fares are long gone. We've gone at least once or twice a year for the last decade from BUF and under $250 is pretty good now.

wish I had seen this tip too :(

We fly BUF-MCO on Southwest once or twice a year. Usually January and April.

Lowest we paid was $447
Highest we paid was $721
Thats for our party of 3. We only fly non-stop.
Average $79-$99 per person per way!

I stalk Southwests website every day! It seems as if we book our January flights in October each year. That when I've found the best prices. We usually go the last week of January into the 1st week of February.

We just booked for the end of September, Southwest, for $187.80 taxes in, return, direct flights. In 2010 we paid $150 return but I haven't seen it that low since. I was pretty pleased with our rate for this year!

Need a roundtrip flight for my wife in late August MCO/BUF, but there's nothing lower than $164 one way. I was hoping for $200 roundtrip max. Amd Allegiant doesn't fly between BUF/MCO during that time period, otherwise I might get something even cheaper - drat! Think there'll be any sales in the next few weeks?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter