• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buffalo Hotels?

chantl01

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times before, but not by me and I'm fairly new to this board.

I'm planning to drive to Buffalo in December and fly to Orlando on Southwest. Since we have an early morning flight, would like to spend the night before the flight at a Buffalo airport hotel, preferably one with a shuttle to the airport and where I could leave my car for the duration of our vacation.

Any suggestions or preferences? Any idea of average rates? Any contact info you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Chantal
:confused:

I have stayed at the Holiday inn for $79/night a few years back. The shuttle service was great. We just used Holiday inn express this trip and it was great. Rate was $110/night but the hotel is brand new and very clean. Their shuttle service was great also.

We just did this in September, very convenient when flying out at 7am! We stayed at the Comfort Suites on Dick Road, we were pleasantly surprised! I took the room based on internet price and that it accomodated 5, Mom, Dad and 3 kids. The shuttle was fabulous!, we were there in minutes. The big surprise came when we arrived and the Mgr. pointed out cookies, apples and drinks and mentioned pizza would be available at 5. In the a.m. there is toast, muffins, bagels, coffee, juice, cereal, hard boiled eggs, the eggs weren't appealing to me but dd thought it was 'awesome'.
I am so glad we stayed overnight instead of rushing in the morning trying to leave on time, we slept better too, knowing there wouldn't be the stress of leaving.
The rooms had 2 double beds, a pullout couch, small fridge, ironing board and iron, coffee maker.
The highlight for the kids was seeing pilots and crew eating their breakfast before going to work.

This Thursday we are going to be staying at the Homewood Suites (associated with Hilton) which is just across road from airport - our flight on Friday takes off just after 7:00am. It's $95 for the night and is a two room, fit 4-6 and has kitchenette. Hot& continental breakfast included as is shuttle and can keep car in their lot for up to 2 weeks. I've stayed in Homewoods on business before and really liked them. I'll let you all know how it turns out when I return. Jo

In October, I also stayed at the Homewood Suites.
Same info as JoAnne gave. 2 rooms: 1 bedroom with 2 queen size bed, and a living room with pull out couch , desk & kitchenette. The Breakfast buffet was awesome! It includes hot food as well as the usually stuff. Breakie starts at 6:00 am and you should be at airport 1hr- 1:20mins early. SWA has Curb side baggage check in, but security takes some time ( not as bad as T.O. though) and the earlier you get there, the better boarding pass letter you get for Southwest.
I WILL most definitely stay there again!

One word of warning: if you book your hotel on the internet (and you are leaving your car at the hotel) that you make sure you get the "park & fly" rate, sometimes it not listed on the websites.I had to call Quality Inn and found out the $49.00 special didn't include parking my car. They then wanted $99.00. I chose Homewood suites instead. All hotels in the area,(park & fly) range from $89.00- 120.00 US per night.

We have stayed at Quality Inn for the $99. parking rate and the hotel was perfectly adequate for the night. Parking is in a designated area of the parking lot. For my recent October solo trip, I didn't have a car to worry about parking so my rate was only $44.96. They offer a continental breakfast and the airport shuttle is "on demand" and only takes a couple of mintues to get to the curb-side check-in at the airport. It is right across the road from the airport on Genessee Street, behind McDonald's.

I have stayed in a Homewood Suites before and they ARE very nice so I might try them next time if I can get a similar rate to QI.

We have stayed and are staying again at the Quality Inn as mentioned above. I got an internet rate of 49/usd/night which includes parking for 14 days, the amazing continental breakfast(everything you could imagine, bagels,saralee prepackaged muffins you can take with you, good fresh fruit, the little cereals, choices of juice etc...)plus the shuttle but you could walk if you really needed to! Easy to get to from Canadian boarder crossings as well! Some people think we are nuts to go out of Buffalo but it really saves so much departure tax and my kids love to stay in hotels! There are quite a few within close proximity to the airport.

Thanks to all who replied. I have made a reservation at the Quality Inn, a park & fly rate of $89 which according to the front desk, is their best rate including parking. I'm very happy, especially since it's just over a month now before we head down to WDW and the Disney Cruise (we'll be on the Wonder over Christmas)!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter